PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar 1500

Cereal n' Milk
11-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Well..heres my first try at the new Dark Eldar.
Kabal of the Obsidian Rose
Archon
-Venom Blade
-Huskblade
-Ghostplate Armour
-Combat Drugs
-Soul Trap
-Djin Blade
-Shadow Field

5 Incubi
Klaivex
-Demiklaives
-Murderous Assault
Raider
-Night Shield
-Flickerfield

5 Kabalite Trueborn
-2 Spliter Cannons
-3 Shardcarbines
Venom
-Nightshield
-Splinter Cannon
X2

5 Kabalite Warriors
Raider
-Flickerfield
-Nightshield
X3

Ravager
-Night Shield
-Flickerfield
X3

Well..my plan for this army is pretty simple. Warriors and Ravagers pop tanks, while the trueborn, archon, and incubi take down any infantry. Everything stays in transports except for incubi+archon if possible. Not too complicated on the surface. Any suggestions? I was considering adding a Razorwing, but im not completely sold on it. Same with wyches.

Morg
11-23-2010, 08:11 PM
Hey man, its great that you have 9 skimmers in 1.5k and it should be annoying to deal with but you really need to consider beefing up your warriors; not if but when their raiders die, they are well and truly done for. The incubi/lord will be in combat early so that does give you a spare raider to pick up stranded squads, but they wont last long if caught out in the open for more than a turn...

Commander Vimes
11-23-2010, 09:44 PM
There is really no point in your archon having three different special close combat weapons, because you can only use one per turn. Stick with the huskblade or the venom blade and use the rest of the points to buy more warriors. As it is your squads will be taking leadership tests to break as soon as their ride blows up, and even Tau Fire Warriors will be able to assault them off an objective.