PDA

View Full Version : DE 1850 mech

Drakonize
11-24-2010, 01:44 AM
Hi everyone, just wanted to through out my list, see what you guys think.

HQ:
Archon w/ Agonizer, Ghostplate, Shadowfield, Drugs, Phantasm

Heamonculus (naked)

Elites:
4 Trueborn w/ 4 blasters
-Raider w/ Flickerfield

4 Trueborn w/ 4 blasters
-Raider w/ Flickerfield

6 Incubi - Raider w/ Aethersails

Troops:
10 Warriors w/ Splinter cannon
-Raider w/ Flickerfield

-Raider w/ Flickerfield

-Raider w/ Flickerfield

10 Wyches w/ 2 xShardnets, Haywires
-Hekatrix w/ Agonizer
-Raider w/ Aethersails

Heavy Support:
Ravager w/ 3 Dark lances, Flickerfield

Not gonna go to much into tactics, as every game is going to be different, but the general plan is to send Incubi with Heam and Archon into high threat targets like Long Fangs etc. Wyches tarpit things like THSS Termis and possibly Oblits. Everything else flies around causing mischief, staying together and delivering a one-two punch of Blaster shots to "metal bawkses", then 30 rapid fire shots into the "spess mehrens".

BlindGunn
11-24-2010, 11:54 PM
Once your opponent sees the Incubi & Wyches on Raiders, they're going to be primary targets.

I would add Flickerfields to their Raiders to help them survive 1st turn fire. Drop them from the Warrior's boats if you have to.

Let us know how it works!

Drakonize
11-25-2010, 11:56 AM
Won't I get a 4+ cove save for going flat out anyways? Or do you believe it is wiser to drop aethersails and go for a first turn 12", Disembark, Run, Assault?

Thanks for your feedback.

Archon Charybdis
11-25-2010, 03:43 PM
Won't I get a 4+ cove save for going flat out anyways? Or do you believe it is wiser to drop aethersails and go for a first turn 12", Disembark, Run, Assault?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'd recommend dropping the aethersails no matter what. If you're going Flat Out turn 1 and hoping to assault turn 2, you've got up to 36'' of movement anyway, just from the Raider--nothing should be out of your range to assault. If you're going for a turn 1 charge, you can't use the aethersails anyway, and they're just taking up points. Otherwise, you don't necessarily need the Flickerfield on the Wyche/Incubi raiders if you plan on going flat out, but it can help protect against things that ignore cover.

Drakonize
11-25-2010, 08:36 PM
you've got up to 36'' of movement anyway, just from the Raider--nothing should be out of your range to assault. I

Raiders do not have the supersonic rule =[

They move a measly 24 inches, augmented up 2d6 by Aethersails. (so 36" with sails and double sixes)

Archon Charybdis
11-25-2010, 10:12 PM
Raiders do not have the supersonic rule =[

They move a measly 24 inches, augmented up 2d6 by Aethersails. (so 36" with sails and double sixes)

I'm talking about a 24'' turn 1 move, a 12'' turn 2 move, disembark, fleet, and assault. If your plan is to try for a turn 2 assault you've got up to 36'' of movement just from the raider. Beyond that you disembark 2'', fleet d6'' and assault 6'' more.

Drakonize
11-25-2010, 10:35 PM
Oh my mistake! Yes that is much clearer. With those ten points I could buy some clothes for my Haem! (it is awfully cold on a Raider) ;P

Thanks!