PDA

View Full Version : Hydra Question

crazyredpraetorian
08-25-2009, 04:46 PM
Is the Quad Auto Cannon on the turret 1 weapon or 2? This issue came up at BoLScon and I deferred to my opponent because it was reasonable that it was in fact 2 weapons. However, I still have my doubts. This is doubly important as it affects weapon destroyed results and firing after movement.

I had assumed it was one weapon and could fire after movement. However, if a Weapon Destroyed result happened the quad would be removed as one weapon.

My opponent said it was 2 seperate weapons on the turret. So, only one could fire if moved. But it would only lose half it's fire power if a Weapon Destroyed result happened.

Thoughts on the subject?

ThePov
08-25-2009, 04:51 PM
Hmmm... a bit of a prickly issue, actually... Personally, I'd say it's one weapon, simply because it's packaged onto a single turret, and so both should be destroyed by Weapon destroyed, but I can see how it could go either way...

Culven
08-25-2009, 04:58 PM
The codex lists it as being armed with two twin-linked Hydra Autocannons. It is two weapons.

TheKingElessar
08-25-2009, 07:05 PM
The codex lists it as being armed with two twin-linked Hydra Autocannons. It is two weapons.

Yeah, there's no ambiguity. There's no such thing as Quad-Linked weaponry.

crazyredpraetorian
08-25-2009, 09:18 PM
Yeah, there's no ambiguity. There's no such thing as Quad-Linked weaponry.

Actually, the entry on pg 51 of the IG codex says Quad Autocannon. That is where my confusion came in. However, after looking closely at it, I see that the rule is plain, it is 2 weapons, which increases the Hydra's survivability.