PDA

View Full Version : 1750 IG Hybrid List

Nungunz
11-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Alright, as I stated in the Vostroyan list thread, here is my 1750 Hybrid list that is both fluffy and competitive (SHOCK!!!).

Let me know what you think.

HQ

Company Command Squad - Autocannon, Regimental Standard, Camo Cloaks - 95

Elites

x5 Stormtroopers - x2 Meltaguns - 105

Troops

Veteran Squad - x3 Plasma, Chimera (ML/HF) - 170
Infantry Platoon

Platoon Command Squad - x4 Meltaguns, Chimera (ML/HF) - 125
Infantry Squad - Autocannon, Commisar - 95
Infantry Squad - Autocannon - 60

Infantry Platoon

Infantry Squad - Lascannon, Commisar - 105
Infantry Squad - Lascannon - 70

Fast Attack

Hellhound - Multimelta, Smoke Launchers - 150

Heavy Support

Demolisher - Hull Heavy Flamer - xxx

Total: 1750

ElCheezus
11-26-2010, 11:40 AM
I like it. It's very focused on two (and only two ) elements. Armored wave and dude-filled backfield with long-range support. I personally favour aggressive power-blobs, but I see what you're doing here.

My only criticism, really, is the Vox Casters and the Autocannons. With LD9, the orders are going to go through most of the time. If you ditch the Vox, then you can upgrade a few of those AutoCannons to LasCannons. I find that it's nice to have a little bit more bunch than S7 (also AP2, in case of heavy infantry) in case you need it. Then again, I know you mentioned something about Vastroyan and fluff, of which I have no knowledge.

Nungunz
11-26-2010, 01:14 PM
My only criticism, really, is the Vox Casters and the Autocannons. With LD9, the orders are going to go through most of the time. If you ditch the Vox, then you can upgrade a few of those AutoCannons to LasCannons. I find that it's nice to have a little bit more bunch than S7 (also AP2, in case of heavy infantry) in case you need it.

-Facepalm-

I completely forgot about LD 9 on the Commissars. I would definitely welcome having at least one lascannon battery around.

Thanks for pointing that out. OP has been edited accordingly.

Eyespy
11-27-2010, 02:14 AM
I think you'd get more efficiency splitting your platoons 3/3 instead of 2/4. That would let you drop a commissar, and have three lascannons in the second platoon, and a couple of extra grenade launchers in your CCS.

blackarmchair
11-27-2010, 06:15 AM
Needs more melta!

Those few lascannons and 3 melta weapons aren't going to cut it. Melta vets are in order sir!

Otherwise very cool list, I love demolishers. I'm happy to see people rocking them en masse.

Nungunz
11-27-2010, 11:39 AM
I think you'd get more efficiency splitting your platoons 3/3 instead of 2/4. That would let you drop a commissar, and have three lascannons in the second platoon, and a couple of extra grenade launchers in your CCS.

I'm not a fan of the 30-man squads and and doing a 10-man, 20-man split isn't very useful as the 10-man will be run off the board fairly easily. I'm curious as to how you'd lay the platoons out and what you'd suggest cutting out of the list to make room for points.

Needs more melta!

Those few lascannons and 3 melta weapons aren't going to cut it. Melta vets are in order sir!

Otherwise very cool list, I love demolishers. I'm happy to see people rocking them en masse.

10 Meltaguns, a Multimelta, and 2 Demolishers aren't enough for heavy armor? I usually only run 3 melta squads at 1500 anywho, just added a hellhound to the list as well.

I'll play around with the list and see what happens.

Eyespy
11-27-2010, 05:19 PM
I'm not a fan of the 30-man squads and and doing a 10-man, 20-man split isn't very useful as the 10-man will be run off the board fairly easily. I'm curious as to how you'd lay the platoons out and what you'd suggest cutting out of the list to make room for points.

I wasn't suggesting they you split them at all, just have 2x30 man blobs. But to be honest, do you really give a damn if 70 points runs off the board? They're probably goibng to be signifigantly weakened by that point, so who cares? We're not talking marines here.

Anyway, I figure this would work for you:

# Infantry Platoon

* Platoon Command Squad - x4 Meltaguns, Chimera (ML/HF) - 125
* Infantry Squad - Autocannon, GL, Commisar - 105
* Infantry Squad - Autocannon, GL - 65
* Infantry Squad - Autocannon, GL - 65

# Infantry Platoon

* Platoon Command Squad - x4 Meltaguns, Chimera (ML/HF) - 125
* Infantry Squad - Lascannon, GL, Commisar - 115
* Infantry Squad - Lascannon, GL - 75
* Infantry Squad - Lascannon, GL - 75

One blob with Lascannons, on with Autocannons. Grenade Launchers for a little extra kick, and there's 5 points left over to put another one in the CCS so there isn't a BS4 guys standing around doing nothing.

Flammenwerfer13
11-27-2010, 07:47 PM
Alright, as I stated in the Vostroyan list thread, here is my 1750 Hybrid list that is both fluffy and competitive (SHOCK!!!).

Let me know what you think.

HQ

Company Command Squad - Autocannon, Regimental Standard, Camo Cloaks - 95

Elites

x5 Stormtroopers - x2 Meltaguns - 105

Troops

Infantry Platoon

Infantry Platoon

Infantry Squad - Lascannon, Commisar - 105
Infantry Squad - Lascannon - 70

Fast Attack

Hellhound - Multimelta, Smoke Launchers - 150

Heavy Support

Total: 1750

I'd change out the multimelta for a HF on the Hellhound. Even if you lose the cannon you'll still be a fast tank with a HF. BS Multimelta is meh.

Drop the lascannon squads for a HW squad with 3 lascannons and a Maticore.