PDA

View Full Version : I spent how much on GW product

Absolon
08-25-2009, 06:50 PM
Well I have been around doing GW games since the begining. I still remember the days the recomended highlighting models by rubbing a crayon over them. The last couple of years I spent my share of working GW events, and watching some of the younger players develop.

Over twenty years of doing this I have pretty much collected all of the armies at reasonable levels. My oldest and favorite army though are still my Dark Angels. With Apoc though I actually get to teleport the entire Deathwing onto an objective, what is not to like.:D

TheKingElessar
08-25-2009, 06:53 PM
I work in a Supermarket, and use the money I make from my job to but toy soldiers.

I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't get what it is you're trying to say here.

Absolon
08-25-2009, 06:56 PM
I work in a Supermarket, and use the money I make from my job to but toy soldiers.

I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't get what it is you're trying to say here.

Didn't really mean much by it, when I look back over 20 years of buying this stuff I am always amazed though that my wife puts up with how much I have spent on toy soldiers

TheKingElessar
08-25-2009, 07:03 PM
Fair enough. Kudos to the wife.

Schnitzel
08-26-2009, 03:28 AM
Being an active duty Marine I have a decent level of excess cash floating around to spend. While I should be saving it... I unfortunately spend more than I should on my toy soldiers as well...
I've managed to cut back my spendings though as I've finally amassed an army of adequate size to please me. Unfotunately... I now want to collect a new one. :(
I'm forcing myself to paint to keep the urges away.

On the upside of things, I quit smoking as well as drinking so I have a lot of cash to spare! I'm finally saving money again for the first time in 8 months! Money to spend on plane tickets to visit my girl back in Vienna....
I'm gonna be poor for the rest of my life. :eek:

Aenir
08-26-2009, 06:47 AM
Well I have been around doing GW games since the begining. I still remember the days the recomended highlighting models by rubbing a crayon over them. The last couple of years I spent my share of working GW events, and watching some of the younger players develop.

Over twenty years of doing this I have pretty much collected all of the armies at reasonable levels. My oldest and favorite army though are still my Dark Angels. With Apoc though I actually get to teleport the entire Deathwing onto an objective, what is not to like.:D

The Inner Circle Welcomes you! :D