PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Pure Tzeentch Daemons

charliemachina
11-27-2010, 02:19 PM
Paymos - Greater Daemon of Tzeentch
3 x 3 Flamers, 1 bolt of change.
2 x Daemon Prince, Mark of Tzeentch, Breath of Chaos, Bolt of Tzeentch, Wings, Soul Devourer
9 Horrors, changeling, Icon
9 Horrors, Icon

Wave 1
3 Flamers
Daemon Prince
Daemon Prince
9 Horrors with Changeling

Wave 2
Paymos
3 Flamers
3 Flamers
9 Horrors

Strengths
Few Kill points
Alot of Breath of Chaos
Suicide flamer units
Nearly always gets first hit in on the enemy

Weaknesses
Few scoring units
Few units
Can be easily crippled by poor reserve rolls
Deep strike mishaps can be devestating

I would like suggestions of possible changes, I have to wonder about the idea of lousing the manuverability of wings on the princes in favor of having a third prince.

I'm trying to keep the numbers 9, 18 and 3 etc to be fluffy another reason to have another Deamon Prince.

I've found 18 strong units of horrors have incredible firepower but are unfortunatly very expensive.

Any and all thoughts welcome, even general Deamon tactics appreciated.

cheers

Charlie

justsam
11-27-2010, 06:43 PM
not bad. i'm starting a tzeentch army myself, but i've been thinking about a prince and two soul grinders. otherwise, mono-tzeentch lists tend to look the same after a while

blackarmchair
11-28-2010, 03:34 AM
Well....

Horrors are bad. Really bad. But in a mono-tzeentch list you DO need more simply for proliferation of troops/targets.

I mean, once those "suicide" flamers are dead you're left with 18 horrors (who can be killed in cc by a fairly determined guardsman with a whiffle bat) and 3 MCs.

Most armies in the current meta are going to be rockin hot assault troops and more heavy weapons than you can shoot a bolt at.

Mono-tzeentch lists are not competitive but more troops would behoove you. I'd recommend dropping one of the flamer squads.

eagleboy7259
11-28-2010, 11:55 PM
Surviabilty is a HUGE problem for Tzeentch units. Oddly enough Mono-Tzeentch is probably the list that is best against MEQ.

Taking those two things into account, I would do two things with this list:

1) Max out your Greater Demons & Heavy Support Choices. This is something every demon army should strive to do. Your Demon Princes are too expensive, I would try to run them as cheap as possible. They don't really boast a great stat line, so they tend to die rather quickly. Fateweaver might be something to consider, since your armor saves are decent, although you have to balance out his points cost since he's the most expensive thing in the book.

2) Tzeentch units die. Get rid of the bolt from the unit of flamers, that's too many points to waste for something you're gonna have the chance to fire once. Small units of Horrors max out the number of bolts that you can take, and since they have poor survivablity, increases your ability to hide away a scoring unit. If you can find a suitable substitute, screamers are always great. They scare the crap out of the enemy, even if we know they aren't that effective, and can move quick to contest objectives late in the game.

charliemachina
11-29-2010, 01:04 PM
Paymos - Greater Daemon of Tzeentch, Breath of Chaos, Master of Sorcery.
3 x 3 Flamers
3 x Daemon Princes, Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt of Tzeentch, Soul Devourer
5 Horrors, Bolt of Tzeentch, changeling, Icon, Instrament.
5 Horrors, Bolt of Tzeentch, Icon, Instrament.
5 Horrors, Bolt of Tzeentch.
5 Horrors, Bolt of Tzeentch.

Wave 1
3 Flamers
3 Flamers
Daemon Prince
Daemon Prince
5 Horrors with Changeling, Icon.
5 Horrors

Wave 2
Paymos
Daemon Prince
3 Flamers
5 Horrors, Icon
5 Horrors

Lots of bolt, lots of breath, a fair chance to instant death Trygon's and the like all for 1500pts a far better list I feel.

cheers

charlie

blackarmchair
11-29-2010, 01:48 PM
Yeah, that's about as good as you're going to get with a mono-list.

Just be sure you keep your big creatures near your troops for support.

justsam
11-29-2010, 02:55 PM
something else i've been considering is running mostly tzeentch but with a soul grinder and some furies for a little extra close combat, since we know it's not coming from the troops slot

eagleboy7259
11-29-2010, 04:58 PM
I don't know if you really need the icons in there. We all know they are rather expensive, and half your units are going to be deploying agressivly (alpha strike flamers for example). A unit of 5 Horrors really gets whipped off the board if your opponet decides to give some attention to them. Get rid of the instruments and that's 60 points to play with.

It's really insignifcant though, your list is just fine the way it is now. I would consider making one more assault oriented demon prince, without bolt, to just fly in and mess people up in assault. That and Fateweaver isn't too much more expsensive than the Greater Demon that you have set up right now. Another thing that you might consider would be to take the Blue Scribes, Pavene of Slaanesh really really pays off, espcially if you drop him in the first wave, help your flamers wreck people with the Breath of Chaos. But like I said, the list is really good the way you have it set up currently.