PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Hero/Lord Builds

cgoff101
11-28-2010, 10:19 AM
Hi all,

Looking to make a dwarf fantasy army for an upcoming campaign. How does the runes work? As it says no more than 1 rune from the same category yet in som mock builds i see, their is 3 weapon runes on a weapon.

Can anyone explain the runes easily to me AND recommend some builds for hard hitting dwarves..literally want to get straight in the fight and mash stuff up.

Thanks

david-steel
12-12-2010, 11:07 PM
The Runes work in the following way.
There are two types of runes Master Runes and Standard Runes.
You may only place one Master Rune on each item.

Standard runes my be used as many times as you like but you may never use the same combination more than once.
For instance you may have three runes of cleaving on a weapon but you can't have a second hero carrying the same combination of three runes of cleaving on his weapon. Instead you might go two runes of cleaving and a rune of fury.

For a combat Dwarf load out it depends on whether you want to go for survivability or damage output.

Both have their use's the surviver is good as a BSB and well damage output is always helpful :D

I don't have the dwarf book with me so i cant give you specifics but the Master rune of Gromil is always handy with a great weapon.

If you can wait till tomorrow i can give you a few idea's.

WereWolf_nr
12-17-2010, 12:48 PM
As I understand and read the section, it is 3 runes per category. If you have the points to spend you can make him as tough or killy as needed.

My preference is +2A +1S; Reroll saves, +1Sv, Immunity to poison. This makes him fairly killy against normal troops, fairly survivable and is a reasonable price. I don't remember all the rune's names (and I may have mixed up an effect or two).