PDA

View Full Version : 2K BA [COMP] Tourney

Angelofblades
11-29-2010, 09:07 AM
Have a Tourney coming up end of Jan 2011, here's 2 lists I was debating on.

List 1

Astorath

Librarian
Shield and Rage

2 Sanguinary Priests:
1 PW

5 Assault Marines
Melta, PW
Razorback,
Twin-linked Assault cannon

5 Assault Marines
Melta, PW
Razorback,

Tactical Squad (full)
ML, Melta, Combi-plasma
Rhino

Death Co.
2 PW's

Death Co. Dread

5 Vanguard
Jump packs, 2 PW's, 2 Infernus Pistols

Storm Raven
Extra Armor, Twin assault cannons, Twin MM, 4 BS missiles

Predator
Autocan/ Lascan

Predator
Autocan/ Lascan

So with this list, Astorath, DC and DCD go in raven. Hopefully the VG get Red Thirst, due to Astorath, one priest in razorback, libby in other razor, combat squad tacts, who provide short ranged support for assault squads.

List 2

Sanguinor

Librarian
Termy armor + SS
Shield + Rage

5 Assault Terminators
2 Hammers / SS
Land Raider Crusader
Extra Armor, MM

2 Priests
2 PW's

5 Assault Marines
Melta, PW
Razorback,

5 Assault Marines
Melta, PW
Razorback,

8 Assault Marines
Flamer, PW
Rhino
Search Lights

Baal Pred
Assault Cannons, Heavy Bolters

Predator
Autocan/ Lascan

Predator
Autocan/ Lascan

1 Priest in the LRC w/ Termines and libby, the other priest w/ 8 man squad.

Thoughts?

blackarmchair
11-29-2010, 09:32 AM
I hate comp. With a raging fiery passion.

That aside, I think I prefer the second list. Having that hammer unit to swing around is always good. The vanguard and few Death Company dudes don't really make up for it in the other list.

Tynskel
11-29-2010, 09:49 AM
that's too bad. Comp scores should be the most important, because they force people to make creative armies that are competitive. Spam is not only not truly competitive, it is also boring as all hell (is hell boring?).

Now, for Comp--- isn't using special characters a knock against your comp score?

Also, for your second list: how do you get 8 Marines with 2 squad weapons? Unless one of them is a pistol for the Sgt, you cannot do this.

And: Spamming 2 assault squads with the same weapons and squad size and transport with the same transport options?

Lastly, this comment is toward blackarmchair: how is 2 Hammers a 'hammer unit'?

Angelofblades
11-29-2010, 10:09 AM
that's too bad. Comp scores should be the most important, because they force people to make creative armies that are competitive. Spam is not only not truly competitive, it is also boring as all hell (is hell boring?).

Now, for Comp--- isn't using special characters a knock against your comp score?

Also, for your second list: how do you get 8 Marines with 2 squad weapons? Unless one of them is a pistol for the Sgt, you cannot do this.

And: Spamming 2 assault squads with the same weapons and squad size and transport with the same transport options?

Lastly, this comment is toward blackarmchair: how is 2 Hammers a 'hammer unit'?

Made a mistake on the 8 man squad, so used to using meltas, I corrected it.

Now for the comp scores the tourney organizer stated that they would be using hard and soft scores...this to me, at least, meant it's comp.

The event is called Owlcon, in Houston, TX, details here http://www.owlcon.com/2011/events_minis.php#Warhammer%2040K%205th%20Edition

But not totally sure if using SC's is against comp score. Also, I don't see how 2 of the same unit is a spam, when it's like 3 or 4, or something like Jawaballs mechanicon list (4 razorbacks !) that's spam to me at least.