PDA

View Full Version : 1k Chaos

Requiemnex
12-01-2010, 08:35 PM
Sooooo.... Going to bring this to a tourney i think.. Any Suggestions?

Chaos Sorcerer - 155
Mark of Slaanesh
Lash of Submission
Bike

Khorne Zerkers x8 - 243
Skull Champion Upgrade
Power Fist
Rhino

Plague Marine x7 - 226
Plasma Gun x2
Rhino

Obliterator x2 - 150
Obliterator x2 - 150
Obliterator x1 - 75

TOTAL - 999

Connjurus
12-01-2010, 09:37 PM
TOTAL - 999

List is pretty solid - nothing about it says new or unique, but it has what you'd expect to see in a tournament list - Oblits and a Lash Sorc.

However, Tzeentch is greatly pleased with your points total. I forsee complete and total victory for you. Or perhaps Spawndom. I'm not sure.

somerandomdude
12-01-2010, 10:57 PM
And once you get past that, he has 8 Khorne followers, 7 Nurgle followers, and 6 other followers - one of which is his Slaanesh sorceror. :-)

Requiemnex
12-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Yeah, the problem is that it is hard to make competitive lists with chaos really.. I dont feel like jumping on the space wolf, IG, blood angel band wagon...

blackarmchair
12-03-2010, 01:50 AM
Oh hell no!

CSM are underrated right now not weak. They are still one of the nastiest marine armies out there. While they're not set up for the min-maxy style of play that wolves and angels do CSM do good old-fashioned face pounding great.

There are a variety of really competitive CSM builds out there. I'm actually predicting big wins for them as time goes on. Chaos is just so ideally situated and specialized to overwhelm in key areas that I'm unsure as to most armies ability to deal with it.

A CSM player recently won a tourney at my local game store. He ran 2x Lash Princes, and 8 man Tzeentch termie squad, 3x Rhino Berzerker Squads, 2x Squads of 3 Oblits and a defiler in 2000pts.

The list synergizes really well and plays into some interesting weaknesses other competitive armies have.

Connjurus
12-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Oh man I love my Tzeentch Termies. I have a friend who plays Blood Angels with Meph and he HATES my Tzeentch Termies...must have something to do with all those Combi-plasmas I deep-strike right next to him with. ;)

Splug
12-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Is the bike sorcerer attached to an obliterator squad, or just cruising solo? In one case he's a lash-bot with no other role, in the other he's a krak-magnet.

Other than the sorcerer seeming really out of place on the bike (and somewhat wasted as a result) the list looks extremely effective. 5 obliterators, especially with a lash-bot to clump people for plasma cannons, is pretty scary at 1000 points.

Herald of Nurgle
12-03-2010, 03:10 PM
What, no Greater Daemon? No Princes? No Spawn? No Cthulhu?
GET OUT OF MY SIGHT.

Legoklods
12-03-2010, 04:19 PM
What, no Greater Daemon? No Princes? No Spawn? No Cthulhu?
GET OUT OF MY SIGHT.

nope... no spawn... cause he's reasonable.

Connjurus
12-03-2010, 07:14 PM
While the lack of a Greater Daemon does sadden me greatly, it would be one of the things I'd remove to meet a 1,000 point limit.

Also, I agree about the Bike Sorc - I'd go for a Lash Prince instead. At least it can stand up to a bit of firepower.

Tynskel
12-03-2010, 08:13 PM
List is pretty solid - nothing about it says new or unique, but it has what you'd expect to see in a tournament list - Oblits and a Lash Sorc.

However, Tzeentch is greatly pleased with your points total. I forsee complete and total victory for you. Or perhaps Spawndom. I'm not sure.

well, if you think about it. With Korhne, Slannesh, and Nurgle, the only thing that's missing is Tzeentch. And with the point value, you have Tzeentch too.

Although, I do think Spawndom is the more likely result: There are actually no worshipers of Tzeentch.