PDA

View Full Version : Paint and Flour!?

Schnitzel
08-26-2009, 10:30 AM
I own a lot of paint.... and most of it goes untouched for ages. I probably won't ever use most, but I absolutely have to have the variety for selection purposes. Never know what color I might decide on one day ya know.
Well, one of my pots of paint, Bleached Bone of all things, dried out a bit too much. So I of course water it down a bit, but I poured too fast and ruined it! Or so I thought!
The paints been in its overly watered state for three weeks... but last night I decided to try something. Flour!
What!? Flour!? Why that? To thicken it up of course. And surprising it, it worked! Doesn't paint as well as it did before, but it acted beautifully for such an impromptu fix.

What do you think?

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
08-26-2009, 10:48 AM
It's a pretty creative idea, however, if paint gets over-watered, I tend to just leave it open overnight, and let it dry out a bit.

Gibbtall
08-27-2009, 12:38 AM
My newest favourite thingymabob is a tiny spray bottle that I happened to recieve in a large kit of art supplies from my school. It's perfect for keeping your paint moist, either in the bottle or on your pallet, just give it a little spritz and you're off!

vman
08-27-2009, 02:13 AM
yup leave the lid off to let the water evaporate

This technique can even be used on brand new paints that come out too watery to begin with

It even states this in some GW reference painting guides

Schnitzel
08-27-2009, 02:35 AM
I wanted to try leaving the pot open but was afraid of the results.... A small glass of water left out in my room completely evaporates within a day.... I'm kind of stuck in the middle east at the moment.... lol.