PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Space Marine chapter?

Jiggs
08-26-2009, 12:48 PM
So what is your favorite space marine chapter?
Tell us why this is your favorite space marine chapter. Is it because you love the fluff, maybe you like the special characters, the way they play, or maybe you just like the colors?

My personal favorite is the Salamanders and I like every thing about them.:D

Drew da Destroya
08-26-2009, 12:57 PM
See, I'm torn on this one. I like the look of the Blood Angels, and my inner Speed Freak approves of their paintjobs. On the other hand, my inner Poe fan leans me towards the Raven Guard... I think English-Nerdery prevails on this one, so Ravens for me.

Aenir
08-26-2009, 01:16 PM
FOR THE LION! :D

DA all the way :)

Bloodthirster
08-26-2009, 01:19 PM
From the depths of space an ancient vessel drifts slowly towards the Imperium of Mankind - a space hulk. Within its confines, untold thousands of Genestealers slowly emerge from hibernation. The Space Marines must enter the cramped corridors and tomb-like chambers of the ancient ship to defeat this alien menace. We are BloodAngels. FEAR US!! :D

Craz
08-26-2009, 01:31 PM
The Blood Angels. Because we have Gramps Dante leading the charge on our end...the man so awesome he was a 12" bubble of epic win. We're the Emperor's Finest.

oni
08-26-2009, 01:39 PM
I have to go with the boys in blue, Ultramarines. Like most people that jump into 40K, I started with them and have soft spot for 'em. :)

Duke
08-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Based on my Avatar this one is obvious, but I must say that I do like the overt Roman theme that the UltraMarines use, they feel very legion like.... However, I have to say that the only thing better than an Astartes in a Vampire Astartes who calls himself an Angel.

Duke

Grotzooka
08-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Imperial Fists. Dorn is amazing, and they are bright yellow.

Gotthammer
08-26-2009, 02:21 PM
<-----

But since you left Rainbow Warriros off the poll, Dark Angels (my first chapter).

Valdore
08-26-2009, 02:29 PM
So what is your favorite space marine chapter?

None of the above ;)

Personally, Star Phantoms or Exorcists, I love the Star Phantoms colour scheme and the idea that there is a Marine chapter out there that utilises stealth and deception. I also love the fluff behind the Exorcists.

Bloodthirster
08-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Yeh Jiggs I think there should be a, Other(please notify in thread below), option.

Jiggs
08-26-2009, 02:55 PM
<-----

But since you left Rainbow Warriros off the poll, Dark Angels (my first chapter).

well since I could only do 10 choices for the polls I did the first founding only.

crazyredpraetorian
08-26-2009, 02:59 PM
Space Wolves! I am really looking forward to the new list.

mkerr
08-26-2009, 03:02 PM
I'm personally partial to the Relictors Chapter.

-- mkerr

Jiggs
08-26-2009, 03:06 PM
I will try to make more polls that have sub-chapters and I will choose sub chapters at random so sooner or later your favorite chapter will show up in a poll. All you have to do is wait I'll try to start later today or tomorrow on them.

Culven
08-26-2009, 03:20 PM
I like the Red Hunters, but that is probably just because I play them. There isn't any fluff that I know of and the colour scheme isn't any different than the Blood Angels.

Valdore
08-26-2009, 03:47 PM
I will try to make more polls that have sub-chapters and I will choose sub chapters at random so sooner or later your favorite chapter will show up in a poll. All you have to do is wait I'll try to start later today or tomorrow on them.

Or you could have put this up as What is your favourite first founding chapter, then I wouldn't have had a quarrel with it :p

However, that would be welcome, good luck getting them all up ;)

Brother Hespithe
08-26-2009, 03:55 PM
Star Phantoms, huh? I used to run a DIY chapter by the name of the Spectral Phantoms who were the Imperium's answer to the Alpha Legion. Seems I might have been reinventing the wheel there.

But for canon chapters, the Sallies are my fave. I've always been a fan of the 'underdog' Sallies since back in the old EoT days. Not big on flames, but quite a fan of the background and the scheme otherwise. I'm planning a successor chapter, the 'Wyrms of Prometheus' currently. I'd love to complete them, but I don't see it happening in the near future.

My first ever chapter was the Dark Angels, soon followed by the Deathwing. Long gone, but with fond memories.

Valdore
08-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Well, for first founding then, gotta be Dark Angels, love the fluff, the robes, the colours, though Blood Angels came close!

And no offence to you smurfs out there, but they certainly came bottom ;)

@Hespithe: The Star Phantoms are in the Badab War supplement from BoLS. And apparently in other fluff elsewhere, but I've yet to find it!

EmperorEternalXIX
08-26-2009, 04:14 PM
The Exorcists let themselves be possessed by daemons as part of their training and have to either resist them or die trying. Epic win.

Also, the Death Spectres...they apparently guard against some otherworldly threat outside the bounds of the Imperium. Whatever this story is, it is surely awesome...

Ejacobs
08-26-2009, 05:35 PM
Crimson Fists!

Back before the Ultramarines started their massive PR campaign to garner all the attention of the designers, the Crimson Fists were leading the fight against the enemies of mankind.

They are Dorn's Finest!

E

Kahoolin
08-26-2009, 09:22 PM
Iron Hands. I like cyborgs. The only thing better than a marine is a half-robot marine.

person person
08-26-2009, 09:34 PM
BLOOD ANGELS

Red, Baals, Dante, Sanguinius. Nuff said.

If Black Templars were up there it would be them, awesome rules, Their manly rage, EMPERORS CHAMPION and colour scheme is WIN.

imperialsavant
08-26-2009, 09:39 PM
;) Well I love the Black Templars!
First they are the only Spacefaring Chapter & they have obvious ties to the Knights Templars & the Crusades. The fact that they were the first of the second founding from the Imperial Fist & were led by Sigismund who was First Captain of the Fists & they took on his personal Colour scheme.
Sigismund was apparently very involved in the defence of the Palace on Terra during the H/Heresy & hopefully will get to appear in the HH book series when they get to that part of the story. He has already had a cameo part in "Mechanicus".

I also like the fact that the Templars abhor Witches & Psychers & thus dont have Libarians, They prefer HtH Combat & havesome unique traits such as the Vows. They were originally the only Chapter to have an Emperors Champion & L/Raider Crusader until GW decided to give everyone else some too!

My second choice would be the Fists or Space Wolves.:)

Exitus Acta Probat
08-26-2009, 09:48 PM
I am fond of using Loyalist legions, Death Guard and World Eaters...
but current chapters,
the old Angels of Death 'dex really ramped me up for marines in general.

Dark Angels FTW.
Just too dark, and too paranoid...and way too cool.
I was disappointed in the first Heresy novel about 'em, but this last one is giving us some tantalizing stuff! I can't decide if I want the final secrets revealed or not! :confused:

imperialsavant
08-26-2009, 09:56 PM
[QUOTE=Jiggs;11062]So what is your favorite space marine chapter?
Tell us why this is your favorite space marine chapter. Is it because you love the fluff, maybe you like the special characters, the way they play, or maybe you just like the colors?

:D Are you going to do one for the original Traitor Legions??

I dont play Chaos as I am a "Pure" & Righteous Imperial player but after reading the HH Novel "Legion"
the Alpha Legion would be my pick. Heck they only went Traitor cause they though it would be the best outcome for the Human Race! (poor misguided Primachs, that what happens when you listen to Xenos Scum!:p

Jiggs
08-26-2009, 10:10 PM
[QUOTE=Jiggs;11062]So what is your favorite space marine chapter?

:D Are you going to do one for the original Traitor Legions??

I dont play Chaos as I am a "Pure" & Righteous Imperial player but after reading the HH Novel "Legion"
the Alpha Legion would be my pick. Heck they only went Traitor cause they though it would be the best outcome for the Human Race! (poor misguided Primachs, that what happens when you listen to Xenos Scum!:p

Way ahead of you

eldargal
08-26-2009, 10:15 PM
Ultramarines, 'cos their primarch was French! Oh and I like the blue.

Fantomex
08-27-2009, 06:26 AM
Iron Hands, of course..
When weakness strikes the Imperium, everybody else mollycoddles and protects the weak. Only one chapter tells them to grow a pair and kills the weakest..
Quite frankly, there is no chapter I like better. Ever.:D

exoduster18
08-27-2009, 06:54 AM
I went with the Ultramarines. Although they may not be all bad *** (as compared to other chapters) and they are the poster child (children?) for the Space Marines, I still like them and there fluff.

They kind of seem like they are the Emporer's chosen sons now that Horus is dead and Abbadon now leads the armies of Chaos.

AirHorse
08-27-2009, 06:55 AM
Salamanders!! Because they fight for the people and not just the empire!

angel of the emperor
08-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Since my chapter is based off of the DA its impossible for me not to choose them. Although the Imperial Fists, Iron Hands, and Space Wolves have grown on me.

Pariah Stevo
08-27-2009, 03:23 PM
Well for this poll, imperial fist since that's where the Black Templar come from. Really shoulda put them on. I mean they have there own dex. I think a few people like them.

Jiggs
08-28-2009, 11:56 AM
Well for this poll, imperial fist since that's where the Black Templar come from. Really shoulda put them on. I mean they have there own dex. I think a few people like them.

I do have the black templars on another poll.

Levitas
08-28-2009, 12:49 PM
Raven Guard

Because you cant beat an 8 foot super human sneaking up on you all ninja like, or indeed a whole force of em. I do argue that 40k is not a true vessel for their sneaky guerilla ways though. For a chapter that does not favor open battle, 40k kinda forces that on you unless you start playing around with scenarios and rules. Or have a money pit to buy thunderhawks.

They should be able to infiltrate every unit and take on the enemy as they snooze :p every mission should be a night fight, and they should have acute senses. Instead we got fleet... thanks.

They are however a 1st founding legion, have their own personal forge world, and had abomination style mutants after Corax tinkered with forbidden knowledge. He also probably had the best jump pack ever known. Probably.

timbo101
09-01-2009, 01:56 PM
Would have to say Blood angels. Love the fluff. First introduction was playing as them in the Space Crusade board game.

I Started trying to build an army way back in 1st ed. Got one squad of plastic beeky's assembled but not painted before life got in the way. Tried again with 2nd - this time I got one of the starter squads built and painted, and a land speeder half made.

Now I'm going for 3rd time lucky with 5ed - Finally managed to get both my 2nd edition starter squads and the 1st ed one I built 18 years ago finished - I might finally get an army together this time!

If I'm esp. lucky I might actaully be able to learn the rules and get a game in!:D

Brother Mord
09-01-2009, 02:02 PM
I have to vote for the Imperial Fists for a couple of reasons.

My main army is Black Templars so as a son of Dorn I have to go with them.

I am in the process of repainting my original DIY chapter marines into Imperial Fists. Having an all yellow army kicks butt and looks so cool on the table top.

cbfuller21
09-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Ultramarines... All the way.

Rusty Nail
09-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Raven Guard

Because you cant beat an 8 foot super human sneaking up on you all ninja like, or indeed a whole force of em. I do argue that 40k is not a true vessel for their sneaky guerilla ways though. For a chapter that does not favor open battle, 40k kinda forces that on you unless you start playing around with scenarios and rules. Or have a money pit to buy thunderhawks.

They should be able to infiltrate every unit and take on the enemy as they snooze :p every mission should be a night fight, and they should have acute senses. Instead we got fleet... thanks.

They are however a 1st founding legion, have their own personal forge world, and had abomination style mutants after Corax tinkered with forbidden knowledge. He also probably had the best jump pack ever known. Probably.
What he said - couldn't have put it better myself

erfunk
09-01-2009, 03:39 PM
I'd have voted Relictors if it had been an option, though they're not exactly an original legion like those listed.

Drunken Friar
09-01-2009, 03:44 PM
I have been a big fan of the Blood Angels ever since I got into the game back in 3rd Edition. I think the Death Company is what pulled me in, but the fluff kept me there once I arrived.

Hanuman110
09-01-2009, 03:50 PM
It's a toss up between the Space Wolves and White Scars for me, with the Salamanders coming in a close 3rd. My first and current army are the White Scars. I love the bikes. I just graduated from Nursing school in May so I've been out of the hobby for a few years. I'm working on a Space Wolves army currently but I put it on hold until the new codex comes out.

Javin
09-01-2009, 04:10 PM
When I decided to join the 40K community I decided to play Space Marines because my buddy played Chaos. I was debating between the Black Templars and the Ultramarines. I went with the Ultramarines because I liked their story better.

rsheridan5
09-01-2009, 04:16 PM
I know many people dislike the Ultramarines, but I have to vote for them.
They are disciplined, successful, and consistent. Thier fluff is entertaining and they uphold ideals that are inspiring. They may be the starter army for lots of players, as they are for me (thanks to the Battle for Maccrage and Assault on Black Reach sets), but they are also fantastic fluff wise.
Grahm McNeil's novels are also incredibly entertaining.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)

solarmus
09-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Picked Dark angels, mostly for the unique look of the models and the interesting fluff.

timbo101
09-01-2009, 04:24 PM
I know many people dislike the Ultramarines, but I have to vote for them.
They are disciplined, successful, and consistent. Thier fluff is entertaining and they uphold ideals that are inspiring. They may be the starter army for lots of players, as they are for me (thanks to the Battle for Maccrage and Assault on Black Reach sets), but they are also fantastic fluff wise.
Grahm McNeil's novels are also incredibly entertaining.

The also look a lot better now in "dark blue/gold" than when I started and they were "light blue/white". The old scheme really wasn't that inspiring which was why I didn't go for them.

bloodangel001
09-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Ive been a fan of the dark angels for some time now (Deathwing exspantion for the original Space Hulk) The emence back story and dark secrets make them one of the most interesting chapteres if not the best. My second love being the Blood Angels (again way back in the original space hulk.) with all the books fan movies and everything els you can finde on the net its hard not to be a fan of the marines.

Docrailgun
09-01-2009, 04:56 PM
I like the Blood Angels because of their backstory... they are noble and tragic.

Hasagwan
09-01-2009, 05:17 PM
Gotta go with the Raven Guard.

TrentL
09-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Ah man Raven Guard needs more love... I mean we have more votes than some and tied with others but we don't get no fancy forge world love.....

On an off note, I sent monthly emails to Forge World saying "When are you going to do some RG stuff"

Guytholimew
09-01-2009, 05:48 PM
I love the whole theme the Mortefactors have. They're almost likely to have some kind of Baron Samedi as their Primarch.

Otherwise, my favourite mainstream chapter would be yon Space Wolves. Very characterful, and slightly rebellious.

Aitrus
09-01-2009, 05:52 PM
While I'm not a huge Space Marine fan, gotta say that the Blood Angels are the ones that I like most. The Sons of Sanguinus have a great background and gravitas to their character, most unlike the Ultras or DA's. Close second is the Space Wolves, but still, the Angels are the ones I'd play if needed.

alasgun
09-01-2009, 05:54 PM
My favorite is Imperial Fists because they are the ultimate at defending and building fortifications. I hate it in the codex where they say something like all other space marines wish they were ultramrines. They completely ignored the other chapters and their loyalty to their own primarchs.

Cerberus
09-01-2009, 05:56 PM
None of the above for me. I've played every one, bought every special character, and repainted my army half a dozen times. I got tired of GW changing the rules for each one every new eddition, so I started modding my own chapter. The Void Hounds were born and charged with guarding a small but potentially dangerous warp rift. I traded in all my chapter specific pieces and repainted my troops one last time. I've never been happier.

Later

bryce963
09-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Space wolves for me. How can one not love genetically altered space vikings? Also they are the only marines who regularly get drunk, they have special space wolf beer, that bypasses their mulitple blood cleansing implants, that's my kind of space marine.

butcherbolivar
09-01-2009, 06:00 PM
blood angels all the way.

Randl
09-01-2009, 06:37 PM
I had to say DA.
I just loved the mystery in their fluff

gserhar
09-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Well, Blood Ravens are my favorite, since it was Dawn of War that actually got me to start dumping real money on the tabletop game. I'd always wanted to play 40K but it's a rich man's game, and back in the high school days, the money I made washing dishes wasn't going to cut it, but now is a different story. ;)

But, with the Blood Ravens not part of this poll, I'll have to say the Blood Angels (with the Space Wolves a super-close 2nd).

Gonewild
09-01-2009, 06:50 PM
I voted for the Blood Angels- I like the fact that their Patriarch martyred himself for the Emperor. I love their Furioso Dreadnoughts as well- just the idea of a big lumbering sarcophagus going wading into close combat...

Space Wolves are amazing- I love the similarities to the Norse.

Puccio
09-01-2009, 06:53 PM
I'm writing in Crimson Fists.

person person
09-01-2009, 06:53 PM
None of the above for me. I've played every one, bought every special character, and repainted my army half a dozen times. I got tired of GW changing the rules for each one every new eddition, so I started modding my own chapter. The Void Hounds were born and charged with guarding a small but potentially dangerous warp rift. I traded in all my chapter specific pieces and repainted my troops one last time. I've never been happier.

Later

Quite the story there

ChrisW
09-01-2009, 06:58 PM
I've played Dark angels since my first box set of the good MK VI old beeky boys. dag..... that is almost 20 years ago now.....

however i am looking forward to getting my Red Scorpions up to 2000 pts or so. nice to have a bit of a change on the 'good guy' side of my armies.

Mr. Man098
09-01-2009, 07:03 PM
I love the Black Templars. Knights on a crusade, gotta love 'em. Their color scheme, their motifs, symbols, ideals... everything the Imperium stands for.

NealSmith
09-01-2009, 07:12 PM
My Favorite? Sacred Band (DIY Codex) :)

Then -
Dark Angels - figures and fluff
Black Templars
White Scars
Ultras/Space Wolves

zanzibarthefirst
09-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Blood Angels will always hold a place in my heart as the first chapter I started although since Salamanders are my main marine army now I am very found of them too

gospog
09-01-2009, 07:18 PM
What, no Lamenters?

Who doesn't love the Bad News Bears of the 41st Millennium?

doskar
09-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Blood Ravens. Love the color scheme and the librarians.

Trinity
09-01-2009, 07:38 PM
I had to pick the White Scars. I love the Mongul feel of the army.

Audun54
09-01-2009, 07:42 PM
I'd have to say Dark Angels, they have a very well thought out fluff that strikes a more knightly cord then some of the other chapters
also I like the color scheme

DarkLink
09-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Grey Knights :D

I picked Salamanders of the Chapters listed, but I like Imperial Fists as well (because Lysander is awesome).

Azazel665
09-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Yeah, got to give my love to the Black Templars. First founding I guess, by transfer , would be the Imperial Fists then I suppose.

Son of Dorn
09-01-2009, 08:12 PM
One big reason is their proud, but slightly melancholy history.

Being stubborn is what being a Son of Dorn is all about. Death before dishonour!

Unlike some chapters who are just one long, dull, streak of glorious vicotries, the Fists and their descendant have taken some serious beatings, but they keep on fighting. They've also laid out some serious pain too.

They're on the edge of being a "favoured" chapter They have a little support from GW, but they're not like the Ultramarines, or the Dark Angels who get tonnes of cool chapter-specific models and stuff. I'm not complaining at all, I love it this way. An Imperial Fist has to blaze his own trail.

Also, Rogal Dorn comes out of nowhere with an impossibly badass spaceship the size of a moon and gives it to the Emperor. Dorn didn't need to be found. And he dies leading his men. He doesn't just wander off say, "I'll be back someday..."

Darnath Lysander's story across three codices is awesome.

These guys knife-fight for kicks. They practice self-torture to pass the time between issuing beat-downs. They rock around the galaxy in the coolest space ship.

I love painting the yellow, I've done mine so weathered and battle-scarred they're more brown than bright yellow. I started bright, and did that for a while, but after a while I wanted them to look like they were in the fight. So now I have essentially a parade army and a fighting army.

All the successor chapters I can think of off the top of my head: Black Templars, Crimson Fists, and Soul Drinkers are very cool.

Chris*ta
09-04-2009, 12:08 AM
Am I the only one here who's favourite chapters are not First Founding?

Scythes of the Emperor are easily my favourite, but other than that, I like a bunch of Successor Chapters to most of the "big" ones off the list, e.g. Flesh tearers, Black Templars.

Off the list provided, I guess I'd say Imperial fists, as best evidence indicates that they are the parent chapter for the Scythes.

Johan
09-04-2009, 01:24 AM
Iron Hands, purge the weak, though we got a bit shafted with the last codex.

Lanparth
09-04-2009, 01:32 AM
Blood Ravens. :P

Off the list? Space Wolves.

Feuermann
09-04-2009, 01:39 AM
My favourite are blood angels ^^

Sanguinius is my favourite primarch :P

Pietia
09-04-2009, 03:33 AM
Exorcists - but since I can't vote for them, I go for Blood Angels.
After all - why settle for generic 8-feet tall genetically engineered supermen, if you can go for crazy vampire 8-feet tall genetically engineered supermen ;)

LostInTheDark
09-04-2009, 05:05 AM
Dark Angels for me.

I always liked their story, bad good guys or trying to be good bad guys they fit nicely into 40k

Alvena
09-04-2009, 06:10 AM
DA, oh sweet DA , are my fav' one !
the Green, the Black and the Bones !!

I just think it's a little bit harder to play them now but they're so nice.

morkai
09-04-2009, 06:23 AM
Space Wolves for me. I started them back in 90 before they had a codex and stayed with them.

rhacelt
09-04-2009, 06:54 AM
I voted for Imperial Fists but only because my 15,000 points of Crimson Fists was not able to be voted for. They are still the best marines for fighting the hated Ork.

Funkenschlag
09-04-2009, 09:31 AM
Couldn't vote for my actual favourites (my own chapter) so I voted for their gene-seed suppliers the Iron Hands.

Jiggs
09-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Am I the only one here who's favourite chapters are not First Founding?

Scythes of the Emperor are easily my favourite, but other than that, I like a bunch of Successor Chapters to most of the "big" ones off the list, e.g. Flesh tearers, Black Templars.

Off the list provided, I guess I'd say Imperial fists, as best evidence indicates that they are the parent chapter for the Scythes.

I have successor chapters on other polls.

Duke
09-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Can I vote again for Blood Angels?

Jiggs
09-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Blood Ravens. :P

Off the list? Space Wolves.

Exorcists - but since I can't vote for them, I go for Blood Angels.
After all - why settle for generic 8-feet tall genetically engineered supermen, if you can go for crazy vampire 8-feet tall genetically engineered supermen ;)

I love the Black Templars. Knights on a crusade, gotta love 'em. Their color scheme, their motifs, symbols, ideals... everything the Imperium stands for.

What, no Lamenters?

Who doesn't love the Bad News Bears of the 41st Millennium?

Blood Ravens. Love the color scheme and the librarians.

I'm writing in Crimson Fists.

I'd have voted Relictors if it had been an option, though they're not exactly an original legion like those listed.

I voted for Imperial Fists but only because my 15,000 points of Crimson Fists was not able to be voted for. They are still the best marines for fighting the hated Ork.

hey what do you know I have pretty much all of these sub-chapters on other polls so go look for them rather than complaining about them not being on this poll..... not saying everyone was complaining though

Anggul
09-04-2009, 10:45 AM
White scars. I love the idea of an army of massive bikers speeding onward, weaving in and out of the wreckage the leave behind.

CAPTAIN SPAGNOULO
09-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Dark Angels, played them since 2nd ed. Loved the paint scheme and the fluff.But with each passing 5th ed. codex they become a little less unique. Now when people (who don't know about them) ask me about what makes the dark angels different? I tell them we pay more for just about everything and have 1/3 less to choose from.

Rafen
09-05-2009, 12:00 AM
I love my blood angels. one the fluff, two the color, three the play. :)

Guytholimew
09-05-2009, 01:48 AM
The Mortefactors. So much cooler than most other chapters.

Desaster
09-05-2009, 01:56 AM
My favorite legion / 1st founding is the Raven Guard.
My favorite chapter are the Invaders.

Batman
09-05-2009, 11:52 AM
So I know what you all are thinking. "Batman," I hear you say because I have great hearing because I am Batman. "Night Lords are not on this list! Since you are Batman, and must therefore play Night Lords, the "battiest" choice, are you voting for Raven Guard because they are sneakiest?"
To this I say, no. Why? Because I've already voted for Space Wolves.
This may be confusing for some, but I assure you, I, Batman, have made the right choice. Sure they're not stealthy. Sure their tactics may be on the simple side. Sure they dress in what some call "grey" (but which I assert is blue. Like, seriously, it's blue). But even I, Batman, cannot ignore the sheer quantities of the Space Wolves manliness and awesometude. How did they acquire such grand surpluses of manlitude and awesomeliness? By being power armored vikings in space who are also werewolves. This is something that I, Batman cannot deny.
Thank you for your time.
Batman out.

Benandorf
09-06-2009, 09:29 AM
Imperial fists. Because nothing is more manly than bright yellow.

Their Primarch was awesome, too.

Maria
09-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Blood Angels ( Angels Vermillion ) because i love their red colour .. their history is sad with Sanguinius and their death company is pretty cool :)

Goresmack
09-07-2009, 11:48 PM
What a tough question! I have to go with Crimson Fists because of the cover of Rogue Trader and they where the first army i built, followed closely by Salamanders and Space Wolves. Ah hell, I love 'em all even the classic Rainbow Warriors, remember them?

-Goresmack