PDA

View Full Version : 1500pts Blood Angels lists

Duncndisorderly
12-13-2010, 06:15 AM
hi folks, Im playing in a league at my local store and the only stiplulation is you keep the same army each week and its 1500 pts, as such I've tried lots of diffrent variations on a theme which has been a lotta fun so i thought id share two of my favourite variations with you all here. any C&C welcome.
Firstly my Dante list:

HQ
Dante 225pts

Elites
Terminator squad with hvy flamer in a land raider redeemer with multi melta 455pts

Furioso Dread with drop pod 160pts

Troop
Sanguinary Guard (love Dante) with Pwrfist 210pts

10 man tactical squad with melta 185pts

Fast
Baal Predator 115pts

Hvy
Devastator squad = 2 missile 1 las cannon 1hvy bolter 145 pts

1495 pts total

Death company List

HQ
Astorath 220 pts

Elites
Chaplians x 2 = 200pts

Troop
2x death Company Dreadnought 250pts

3x 5 man death company squads 300pts
Landraider Redeemer inc multi melta 250pts
2 squads with jump packs 150pts
1 squad in the landraider
3 x powerfist 75pts
1 x handflamer 10pts
3 x infernus pistol 45pts

Total 1500pts

Commander Vimes
12-13-2010, 09:20 PM
Well, the Death Company List will lose or draw 2/3 of it's games because it has no scoring units. Also, three six man squads are going to survive all of 10 seconds against any significant shooting. And only 3 of those guys have invulnerable saves, so close combat against anything with a power weapon will be just as bad.

The Dante List at least has scoring units, though not enough. Switch the Tac Squad out for a full assault squad with 2 melta guns and a fist. Have Dante join them to put 3 meltas right next to the most important target in the opponent's army. This will take some more points, so drop the schizophrenic devastator squad. You'll have some points left over so add a Sanguinary Priest to ride around in the land raider (and never leave it). To give those termies feel no pain and furious charge. Try to keep it near the rest of the army so they get those benefits too. I think assault terminators with a mix of Thunder Hammers and Lightning claws would serve you better than ranged terminators, as you won't be shooting much riding around in the raider.

addamsfamily36
12-13-2010, 10:01 PM
what are you arming that furioso in the drop pod with out of curiosity?

Because i find that if you go for the combat option it will get shot down the turn after it drops. thats a lot of points for one melta gun shot which will miss more times than it hits.

Duncndisorderly
12-14-2010, 03:19 AM
I armed the furioso with blood talons, its purely a close combat beast.
The death company list is a none scoring list but it does present an interesting fluffy alternative.
2 squads with jump packs flying around creating mayhem and also dont forget the feel no pian save, admittedly not as good as an invulnerable save but not bad.
one squad in the landraider and 2 death company dreads with talons again purely assault based but a lot of fun. Of course it does depend a great deal on what army your opponent fields.
i played the death company list against a guard army and got absolutely whipped, up against orks I kicked some.
The Dante list i tried last night against tau and managed a draw in a seize ground game although I must admit if we hadnt ended in turn 5 I probably would have lost, anyway thanks for the input chaps, juch appreciated