PDA

View Full Version : Finalising 1750 DE Kab/Coven Competition list - Blitzkreig styled

Morg
12-14-2010, 07:33 AM
Since you can only move 6" and let your passengers fire, i figured it was prudent to move 24" right up the guts in T1 to gain 4+ cover, then be up close for double Liquifier love. The other benefit is a lot of big skimmers with overlapping 6" -1 Ld bubbles. So weather the storm for T1 and just hope mainly, T2 TB do their thing and Wracks jump out to roast & assault, using the -1 Ld modifying raiders to cluster near important combats while shooting stuff/blocking counter charges. Dropping FF all round meant i could fit in another TB boat, and with a 4+ in T1 the FF's become a little redundant on their crucial turn; after the strike cuts out the enemies main AT fire i wont be too worried about not having the 5+ save.

180 - 3 Hmonc: Liq Guns (One Hmonc with every Wrack unit)
180 - 3 Hmonc: Liq Guns

141 - 3 TB: Blasters, Raider
141 - 3 TB: B, R
141 - 3 TB: B, R

120 - 5 Wracks: Liq Gun, Raider: Torment Grenade Launchers
120 - 5 W: LG, R: TGL

105 - Ravager
105 - Ravager
Totals: 1743 Pts - 11 Boats (6 Troop) - 12 Liq Guns - 24 Dark Light shots at a possible 14 Targets - 26 Kill Points (fml.)

Deployment: Square Beachhead, 6 WrackBoats in front of 5 Support boats (reversed if i dont get first turn, covering the troop transports), drive directly into the enemy T1 to get as close as possible. At T2 the rear rank spreads out for target selection while the TGL raiders cluster for best effect; -2 or 3 can be a hell of a difference in combat. Moving 24>12>2>6 gives the wracks a 44" Threat on T2, with 2 Liq guns a squad i am reasonably confident in roasting any unit i need to; add in Lance fire where necessary.

The idea is to balance between agressive troop usage to create a problem in the opponents face, hopefully leaving the TB/Rav's mostly alone to work through the target priorities; possibly dropping off the TB in a good spot of cover once they have FNP to let the boats float around 12" a turn.

All C&C welcome, this has been tweaked around for a week noiw; finally feels good enough to post up.

Sorrowshard
12-14-2010, 09:10 AM
Torment launchers do not stack the book states units in range of "one or more" TGL's gets a -1 , its a shame as it would make for some interesting plays with some of the other stuff and a couple of the fairly pants items would become situationally useful.

I think the units of wracks are too small to have them all that size, if they get caught in cc or even with some moderate Anti inf fire they are going to be gone.

I just see you boosting up in someones face loosing a couple of tanks , even with a 4+ cover DE vehicles are stupidly fragile , most modern armies should easily be able to focus fire down a couple at such close range , I would have to assume the wracks that fall out are essentially done for at that point too .

5 wracks are not going to be killing alot in cc , I guess you can combo charge with several units ?

Dunno just looks like a spam list with little thought for balance , it makes for a very rock, paper, scissors force.

Don't get me wrong , its not terribad , but it could be much better and you are going to get bored of it , well I would...it's far too one dimensional , in fact it really makes me think of BA razorspam re packaged .....

I would suggest dropping two units and two haemo's , get a third ravager , if you want TGL consider a shock prow to go with them as your then able to tank shock with -1 ld and having the option to ram is pretty good when your gun gets shot off. a couple of those units of wracks could do with being full tens and if there were spare points I would consider swapping the Tborn raiders for Venoms and upgunning the tborn to have 4 blasters if points allow.

the venoms are useful to chew up devastators and the like , it also gives you some anti infantry fire with longer range than a template.

i would do something like this

haemo + liqui+vblade

haemo + liqui+vblade

haemo + liqui+vblade

haemo + liqui+vblade

4 tborn with blasters in venom with 2x shardcannon

8 wracks + liqui in raider with TgL + rams (only put these in as you seem to like TGL,)

8 wracks + liqui in raider with TgL + rams

8 wracks + liqui in raider with Tgl + rams

8 wracks + liqui in raider with Tgl + rams

Ravager

Ravager

Ravager

Thats 1734 - so room to play around