PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Haemonculus Coven

Ahrimaneus
12-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Hey everyone! I've been thinking about the possibilities for a haemonculus coven once the models are released! For your consideration, I've come up with this list. Please let me know what you think! Particularly if you've been able to playtest these units!

Also, please come stop by My Blog (http://ahrimaneus.blogspot.com) for some more Dark Eldar goodness, soon to include battle reports and tournament results!

Without further ado:

HQ

Urien Rakarth
2x Haemonculi w/Liquifier Gun
1x Haemonculus w/Liquifier Gun, WWP

ELITES

8x Grotesques
- Str 6 Upgrade
- Liquifier Gun
- Aberration w/Venom Blade

TROOPS

9 Wracks
- Liquifier Gun
- Raider w/FF

9 Wracks
- Liquifier Gun
- Raider w/FF

9 Wracks
- Liquifier Gun
- Raider w/FF

FAST ATTACK

10x Scourges
- 4x Haywire Blasters

HEAVY SUPPORT

2x Talos Pain Engine w/Chain-flails, TL-Haywire Blaster
Chronos Parasite Engine w/Spirit Vortex

TOTAL: 1850

Each of the Haemonculi ride with the a unit of Wracks, Urien rolls with the Grotesques. The Chronos is there to throw some pain tokens to the Taloi to make them tougher vs. ML, etc. WWP can help get the Taloi closer if I decide to go that way, mostly just for some more versatility. I'm not crazy about the 3 Raiders, but I'm thinking the high-priority targets are abundant enough (grotesques, MC's, Scourges) that they may be alright.

Thoughts?

papa smurf
12-14-2010, 03:02 PM
I approve. Very thematic list! :)

somerandomdude
12-15-2010, 02:53 PM
This looks a little bit like my 2500 pt list. You're right about the raiders. While they provide your Wracks with some mobility, it only gives you three vehicles that will get shot down quickly. Players who understand what the strengths are of this list (the survivability of the Grotesques) won't be fooled by ignoring the Raiders, and people who don't know how survivable the Grotesques are will probably still go against the Raiders. The downsides of the Raiders are that it takes 210 points to include them, you give the opponent any easy target for things like Autocannons, and most importantly in my opinion you weaken your Wrack units by limiting them to 1 Liquifier (plus the Haemonculi).

If you dropped the vehicles, you would be able to include a squad of warriors with 2 dark lances (or two squads with one each) that you can hold back in cover. Also, youb should split the Scourges into two units. The only time I can see taking a ten-man squad with Haywire Blasters is if you can't take two five-man sqauds. Two squads will allow you to lock-down two vehicles instead of one, which is necessary in this foot list.

You can also bump the wracks up to 10 with another Liquifier. Then you can walk them up behind the Grotesques - cover + FNP is fantastic.

Also, don't get hung up on the warriors not being Haemonculi constructs - Haemonculi do have access to warrior kabals and, more importantly, need subjects for testing and future wracks/scourges.

I'm not a big fan of the Cronos in this list (you start the game with 9-11 tokens already) - I'd rather have another Haywire Blaster Talos, but that's entirely up to you. I imagine with Warriors it would actually be better.

From memory, here's my list:

Urien
Haemy w/ Venom Blade, Liquifier, WWP
Haemy w/ Venom Blade, Liquifier
Haemy w/ Venom Blade, Liquifier

Uber Grotesques x10 w/ Liquifier, Aberration w/ Venom Blade

Wracks x10 w/ Liquifier x2, Acothyst w/ Agoniser
Wracks x10 w/ Liquifier x2, Acothyst w/ Agoniser
Warriors x20 w/ Dark Lance x2, Sybarite w/ Phantasm Grenade Launcher

Scourges x10, Haywire Blaster x4

Talos w/ Chain-flails, Haywire Blaster

Three scoring squads is pretty low for 2500, but the survivability of his list (and sheer annoyance from the 7 fire suppression units) gives it an edge to help it perform. I'm also with you on the WWP - I included it because I wanted some tactical flexibility that most foot lists can't have.