PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite sub-chapters (part 1)

Jiggs
08-26-2009, 03:51 PM
For these polls I am going to be choosing sub-chapters at random and I will try and include all the sub-chapters on lexicanum.com in my next polls, so your favorite chapter willl appear at some point.

Tell us why you like these sub-chapters.

You may choose as many as you like but try to limit it to 3 choices.

Out of this list my favorites are the Exorcist (I like the fluff) and the Doom Legion (I like the colors).

ThePov
08-26-2009, 04:01 PM
Exorcists, Lamenters, Black Dragons and the Mentor Legion (look 'em up... really cool, just begging for a "counts as Grey Knights" squad). All have really cool fluff, and the Black Dragons in particular could really become some cool conversions... I still have a half painted custom Black Dragons Librarian kicking around, waiting for me to get some motivation.

Unfortunately, only the Exorcists seem to be up there... oh well, Relictors are cool too.

Valdore
08-26-2009, 04:04 PM
Gotta be Star Phantoms and Exorcists as mentioned in the other thread (thanks for getting them in first!)

Exorcists: Fluff
Star Phantoms: Fluff, colour scheme (kudos to the guy who came up with that!), the chapters MO etc.

Jiggs
08-26-2009, 04:11 PM
Gotta be Star Phantoms and Exorcists as mentioned in the other thread (thanks for getting them in first!)

Exorcists: Fluff
Star Phantoms: Fluff, colour scheme (kudos to the guy who came up with that!), the chapters MO etc.

hey you request that they be their and i'll try my best to get them in the next poll.

exoduster18
08-26-2009, 04:56 PM
The Aurora Chapter all of the way!! They are like the Imperial Guard of the Space Marines.....so far as tanks go....

mkerr
08-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Relictors are the most awesomest!

Lord Anubis
08-26-2009, 06:27 PM
The Relictors rule. :)

oni
08-26-2009, 07:36 PM
I wasn't quite sure on this one, but went with the Aurora Chapter... cuz I like da smurfs.

Lord Inquisitor
08-26-2009, 07:49 PM
There is a Grey Knight sub chapter?

Old_Paladin
08-26-2009, 07:51 PM
Sweet, you included the Doom Legion; I'm painting up some of them right now. I like their colours.

Jiggs
08-26-2009, 09:01 PM

yes there is and read up on the fluff its a little insain with what initiates have to go through

mkerr
08-26-2009, 09:11 PM

Chapter 666

-- mkerr

Jiggs
08-26-2009, 09:21 PM
Sweet, you included the Doom Legion; I'm painting up some of them right now. I like their colours.

You got to show some pics the doom legion has one of my favorite color schemes and I'm trying to get all the chapters to. So no one has to worry about not having their favorite chapter not getting any love.

Lord Sandwich
08-27-2009, 12:12 AM
Chapter 666

-- mkerr

GKs are Chapter 666.

I like Doom Legion for the inescapably obvious reference to a certain comic book villain, Relictors are really cool too.

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-27-2009, 12:55 AM
I -only- really like the lesser known chapters, mainly cos they have more mystery and some interesting niches that have yet to be explored fully, making them all quite curious to me.

My favourites :

Doom Legion - yeah, dr doom marines with a cool space ship, pretty neat.

Grief Bringers - us Enslavers kicked their *****, the one person I know doing them online is doing them amazingly!

Iron Lords - cos their fighting a unique xeno enemy, much more interesting than the usual xenos.

Subjugators - I love the fluff they have with fighting the Cell-Kin. Cool. Wonder what happened to those 20 marines with the Cell-kin within them that escaped ?

theres prolly a few others..but those are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

entendre_entendre
08-27-2009, 12:57 AM
relictors, because they're well, you know, all chaos-ey.

Old_Paladin
08-27-2009, 07:54 AM
You got to show some pics the doom legion has one of my favorite color schemes and I'm trying to get all the chapters to. So no one has to worry about not having their favorite chapter not getting any love.

Now, it won't be the best paint job, I'm a little rusty. Mostly a black basecoat, silver overcoat, dark green drybrush on chest symbols, red highlights (purity seals, eyes, etc).

But I'll see what I can do about getting my camara working again, and maybe putting some up on the painting forum eventually.

cco
08-27-2009, 08:36 AM
I like the beautiful colors on the auora chapter.

Gotthammer
08-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Rainbow Warriors because it's a unique army - I've not seen anyone else field them. And while official (and ancient) they have no fluff so I can still make all my own.

Jiggs
09-04-2009, 10:52 AM
people have been asking for relictors, flesh tearers and exorcists on other polls well here they are.

Pietia
09-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Well... how much cooler the idea for a chapter may be, than guys hardcore enough to let themselves be posessed by demons & self-exorcise them as a part of training? Before I learned about them, the crazy vampire chapter was my favourite so... :D

person person
09-04-2009, 12:37 PM
Excorsists for the insanity

Revilers for the scheme and the skull w/lightening bolt symbol.