PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Guard Combat Patrol

Sandman2663
12-15-2010, 10:32 AM
Hello all, it has been a while for me.

I have a 500 Combat Patrol tourney this weekend and was looking for feedback.

I am looking at a few lists:

IG-
Primaris
Vet Plasma Chimera
PBS full Chimera
PBS full foot or swap for Hydra

WH-
Inq with Scourging
IST Plasma Chimera
Retirbutor HBx4 Immolator
Vindicare

Thanks

ElCheezus
12-15-2010, 10:45 AM
Is this standard Force Org? If so, you have to take two troops from IG before taking allies.

PBS really depends on your meta, I think. If people run any anti-psyker, they'll be shut down. With a points level this small, I don't think you can afford to have that much of a list be inactive if you get a bad matchup. Heck, I don't run them at 1500, and probably wouldn't until above 2000 for that reason. I'd suggest finding more consistent units for those points.

Sandman2663
12-15-2010, 11:13 AM
They aren't allies...CP rules is 1+ Troop. They are two different lists.

I didn't know if people had played a Psyker CP before. I thought it would fluffy and cool.

My meta is IG, Tau, Dark Eldar and Ork at 500. Some Marine but not really worried about them.

ElCheezus
12-15-2010, 05:21 PM
Ah, I missed the "at a few lists" bit. I thought that was an awful lot for 500 pts. . .

Anyway, looks like your meta isn't too anti-psyker. My concern then changes to whether they have an application. Their main target (it seems to me) is against non-fearless deathstars, or multi-wound models. Are they something you're likely to go against? Again, something that just *shoots* is more attractive to me, usually.

Since you have so few tools at 500, it seems like its all about your meta and making sure nothing is useless.

Sandman2663
12-15-2010, 07:47 PM
Well, the meta here is Boyz in Trucks and Mech IG...some Eldar and some Tau. There are always Marines (good and bad) but they are so few models it usually doesn't matter...

What about this list:
Inq Scourging
IST Plasmax2 Chimera
Vindicare
Deathcult x3

I usually run a Callidus, but the Vindicare on a 4x4 with terrain is great imo.

Anyone have luck with the Deathcult?
I know if used in conjunction with the Eversor it is nasty but I like picking out the prime targets in Marine squads and Ork Nobz fall like bi!^@hes.

3 Deathcult can take out a squad of Boyz after the Vindi pops the Nob...