PDA

View Full Version : BA 1500 what's most effective?!

Death
12-16-2010, 10:11 PM
Dear, Internet

I have a quandary for you! What BLOOD ANGLES LIST IS BETTER!!!

10 assault squad 235
2x melta guns
power fist

10 assault squad 235
Melta gun
Power weapon

Dreadnought blood-talons 160
Drop pod

Astorath 220

Sanguinary Guard 230
Chapter Banner

Priest 75
jumps

Priest 75
jumps

Dev 145
3x missiles
Lascannon

Dev 145
3x missiles
Lascannon

TOTAL: 1500

OR

10 assault squad 210
Power Weapon
Melta Bomb

10 assault squad 235
2x melta guns
power fist

Drop pod

Redeemer 265
Multi-Melta
Extra Armor

Assault terminators 210
2x SS/TH

Priest 50

Libby 100
preferred enemy
Shield power

Predator 135
2xLas Side Sponsons

Predator 135
2xLas Side Sponsons

What list seems more survivable I have little experience with Land Raiders Not sure how long they last on the field especially when I'm used to using 5 rail guns in my tau army :D

Please Discuss Internet

Thank you

Sanguinary Dan
12-17-2010, 09:48 AM
I would suggest list C. You may have to tweak a few points here and there, but it should be a pretty decent list.

10 assault squad 235
2x melta guns
power fist

10 assault squad 235
Melta gun Add a flamer
Power weapon

Drop pod Add extra armor and the heavy flamer and maybe a Locator Beacon for the Pod

Astorath 220

Sanguinary Guard 230
Chapter Banner one power fist and one infernus pistol are a must

Priest 75
jumps

Priest 75
jumps

Predator 135
2xLas Side Sponsons

Predator 135
2xLas Side Sponsons

lowdog
12-17-2010, 01:31 PM
If you are taking jump priests, then I'm not sure you need Astorath. Not that he isn't good, but you are paying points for the ability to take multiple DC squads without taking any DC at all, and points to increase red thirst, which is rendered redundant by the Sang Priests. I'd swap him for Dante to accompany the Sang Guard, or a Jump Pack Librarian with Sword and Shield powers. He can give a cover save bubble to deep striking jump squads and still hit like a truck, and you save nearly a hundred points for those upgrades Sang Dan talked about.

Sanguinary Dan
12-18-2010, 09:09 AM
But don't forget the other main reason to bring Sanguinary Priests... FEEL NO PAIN!

With Astorath turning ~half your army Fearless, having FNP is a must for those time you take those stupid wounds from No Retreat.

Angelofblades
01-03-2011, 04:34 PM
I preder list D instead:

10 assault squad
2x melta guns
power weapon
Melta bombs

5 assault squad
Melta, PW
Razorback, TLAC

5 assault squad
Melta, PW
Razorback, TLAC

Redeemer
Multi-Melta
Extra Armor

Assault terminators
2x SS/TH

Priest
PW
He is WS 5, this should never be wasted

Libby
preferred enemy
Shield power

Predator
2xLas Side Sponsons

Predator
2xLas Side Sponsons

This way you take more advantage of Shield of Sanguinius, (cover save power) and can extend it to the razor squads too.

Smotku
01-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Not gonna make a list E but just discuss what I have found.
Things I have found to be effecdtive with Blood Angels

Dev squads with 4 ml ...130 points of almost pure win

LRC with Assault squads ...live long and prosper

2 or 3 priests...everybody I play hates 'em and goes out of the way to kill them. Not sure if giving them pw is worth it.

Mephiston...favorite HQ. Not to hard to keep him alive long enough to rape face. He makes the opponent change their game

DC Dread w/ talons and Hflamer...dont use with drop pod, run behind a vehicle..such as a LR..fleet FTW

Sterngaurd with lotsa combi meltas and h flamer....used 'em in drop pods, rhinos and crusaders so versitile

Honor Guard with Dante... various weapon loadouts depending on points but always 2 mg unerring deepstrike allows to get to those annoying artillery pieces and to places they cant rape you next turn.

and for 2kplus battles libby in termy armor w/ ss epistolary upgrade sanguine sword and unleash rage, Priest in termie armor, 6 man assualt termie squad 3 LC and 3 TH/SS all served in a delicous LRC with extra armor and MM.

Things I have had little success with:

Predators in any form ... almost always die before they can do any significant damage

any dread in a drop pod ( except for the time I was allowed to use the FW dreadnaught drop pods)

Razorbacks... dont know why I just cant get these to work

Librarian furioso....to expensive

Death company... to expensive, frequently kited away, die to quickly. cant score. only time I run them is 5 in a rhino so i can has dc dread

vindys...almost always underperform

have not tried Sang guard ( got box and agree that inferno pistol and pfist a must), stormraven,

oh and a question...Is there ever any reason to run tac squads or a generic captain? I cant think of any concievable reason in the BA codex to do so.