PDA

View Full Version : Tournament 1700pts IG (Mech)

PRoeske
12-19-2010, 11:00 AM
Hi all,

At the moment i'm finetuning my 1700 pts Imperial Guard list. Might seem quiet common, but not entirely sure about some points. List is built around Plasma CCS, Melta-Vets, Medusae and some Vendetta's.

Here's the list i'm playing atm:

Company Command Squad, 4x plasmagun, plasmapistol, Chimera @ 175
Company Command Squad, 4x plasmagun, plasmapistol, Chimera @ 175

Veteran Squad, 3x meltagun @ 100

Vendetta Gunship @ 130
Vendetta Gunship @ 130
Vendetta Gunship @ 130

Ordnance Battery; 2x Medusa @ 270
Leman Russ executioner, plasma sponsons @ 230
Manticore @ 160

I'm not entirely sure about the Leman Russ executioner. as of late I'm seeing quiet some fatecrusher lists, so maybe a punisher might be worth it, but i really hate it's short range. On the other hand, i'd like to have a plasma-vet squad, to put in some more S7AP2 shots.

Really like to hear your ideas.

Grt. Pim

ElCheezus
12-20-2010, 12:05 PM
Very tight list, I like that there isn't much in the way of "extras" that need to be cut.

Punisher isn't worth it. At all. It's offensive power is beaten by it's equivalent points in Lasguns. You can go back and forth about AV 14 vs T 3 and footprint sizes making up for the point difference, but either way I say a Heavy slot should be better in sheer offensive power than your base unit.

At 1700, I actually worry more about squadroning vehicles. I think the best advice I heard about squadrons what that you shouldn't do it until all of your Force Org slots are taken. The only time I violate that is with Hydras, since they're cheap and not open-topped. Medusas are neither, plus they're strong enough that hitting with one might very well make the second shot (since they have to fire at the same target and all) wasted.

I get slightly worried when you have an "in your face" component along with scattering large blasts. I feel like after turn two you'll be firing danger close too often for my taste, especially the turn you get out of your transports and are pretty bunched up. That's definitely in "your mileage may vary" territory, though.

If you end up replacing things, I'd suggest checking out Storm Troopers with Meltas and putting them in Chimeras. I know people don't really like Stormies, but I've been getting a *lot* of good use out of them recently. Imagine that you'll be able to scout 12", then move 12" on turn one and disembark, then fire Meltas. That gives you a 32" melta threat range. If you follow behind with the CCS chimeras, you can also order them to twin-link the shots. If you have this turn one melta punch, you can give your Vets plasmas to follow up behind and kill the transported unit the next turns (or later in the shooting phase). In my mind this follows the "in your face" gameplan of air-cav better than long-range pieplates.

If you still have points, I'd suggest Hydras first for your Heavy slots. They're cheap, and they provide some mid-level shots that won't hit scatter onto your own guys. Plus, they have the range to threaten any fast skimmers that might be able to avoid your infantry's firepower.

Some of these thoughts definitely hinge on your personal playstyle, but that's what I see for this list.

Flammenwerfer13
12-20-2010, 02:54 PM
do a one for one swap of a vet squad riding in a Vendetta for a CCS in a Vendetta and the Vet squad in a Chimera. That way you have a troop choice able to sit back and hold an objective. Change the CCS you're putting into the Vendetta with 4 meltaguns plus you have a way of is issuing orders further out if need be.

Company Command Squad, 4x plasmagun, plasmapistol, Chimera w/Hull mounted HB @ 175
Veteran Squad, 3x plasmaguns 1x Lascannon, Chimera w/Hull mounted HB @ 180

Company Command Squad, 4x meltagun, @ 90
Veteran Squad, 3x flamers @ 85

Vendetta Gunship @ 130
Vendetta Gunship @ 130
Vendetta Gunship @ 130

Ordnance Battery; 2x Medusa @ 270
Leman Russ executioner, plasma sponsons, Hull mounted Lascannon @ 245
Manticore @ 160