PDA

View Full Version : Mobility for the mobility god (IG 1500)

ElCheezus
12-21-2010, 11:20 AM
CCS, 3x Melta, Astropath, Chimera: 165

Stormtroopers, 2x Melta, Chimera: 160
Stormtroopers, 2x Melta, Chimera: 160

Veterans, 3x Plansma, Chimera: 170
Penal Legion Squad: 80

Vendetta, HB sponsons: 140
Vendetta, HB sponsons: 140
Hellhound, Hull MM: 145

Total: 1500

So my list has evolved recently to drop Heavy slots altogether, favouring more AV12 with which to roll onto an opponent.

The Stormtroopers take Scouts if I get first turn, and it gives them a huge threat range for melta goodness. The CCS follows behind, keeping in range for orders, to make sure the Troopers deliver their payload. If I don't get first turn, I'll likely take the outflank option with the Troopers, depending on how deployment looks. If there are no good threats deployed near the edge, I'll deepstrike them. Flexibility is amazingly fantastic super fun times.

Vendettas are empty, but that's because they're good enough gunboats even without transport capacity. Endgame they pick up and Vets that have been de-Chimera'd, and zoom off to objectives.

The way it's set up, every unit can threaten medium armor (PLS only 2/3 of the time, but still). I've noticed that I run into trouble against a good horde player, since they can minimize the damage my flamers can do. That's my weak point, but I think good movement and playing can overcome that in time.

I'm open to thoughts and suggestions that are backed up with decent reasoning and/or experience.