PDA

View Full Version : Gravis' Secrets of the Third Reich

Col.Gravis
12-22-2010, 02:16 PM
WW2, Zombies, Aliens.... oh my - too much to miss up.

I've decided to have a play around with Secrets of the Third Reich, even if playing it won't be easy, I suppose I'll build up a couple of forces, but it would be rude not to start with the Brits.

I've got some of the new 28mm British Tommy Plastics from Warlord games on the way, but the snow is playing havoc with the post so they've not arrived yet, luckily I recieved something to get started on.

I love the concept of British Steel, the heavy boiler suit armoured infantry, I dislike the models produced by Westwind though, enter a set of Forgeworld Mk3 Iron Armour Space Marines I was lucky enough to win, now thats the basis of a cool converson.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x160/gravisblog/Gravis%20Blog/SOTR/British/BritishSteelConcept.jpg

Aenir
12-22-2010, 06:48 PM
Im sorry for this:

Are you my mommy?

Aldramelech
12-23-2010, 03:17 AM
Excellent idea, might nick that. The snow is a real pain! Somewhere out there is my Westwind Zombie horde.

On the Vehicle front Col, if you go into ebay and and type in Hobbyboss you will find some 1/48th Sherman's for under a tenner. These kits are supposed to be really good, with etched brass bits and all sorts. Unfortunately they don't do a Churchill.
Ive also scouted around for a Centurion, but cant find any.

I'm doing Incursion as well (Ambitious? Probably :)) So Ive started on that first, but I'll be doing Americans and Germans.

If you haven't been over to the SotTR Forum I can highly recommend it, the painting section is excellent.

Edit: Also mate, check out this http://www.artizandesigns.com/ for some great character models! Go to the Thrilling Tales section.

Col.Gravis
12-29-2010, 12:23 PM
Aenir, you are forgiven, it called for! ;)

Aldramelech, I've browsed the forums yes, yet to sign up though, thought I'd wait until I was ready to really get going. The Brits have arrived, they're a little smaller then I'd have liked to match the marines but I can fiddle that a bit, lots more weapons then I expected on the sprue which is excellent.

Vehicles wise I'm planning on going down the route of using some Corgi die-cast models, they'e quite a large range which are easy to come by on ebay, including a Cromwell, and they're pretty much spot on scale wise.

Now just the small matter of finishing (in fact starting) an OU assignement before I can get going. Buggar.