PDA

View Full Version : Abaddon 2000pts

Bedroom General
12-22-2010, 07:43 PM
This is my list for when big black himself comes out to play.

Abaddon

5x CSM terminators
4x claws
chainfist\hvy flamer
Icon of Slaanesh
dedicated possessed land raider

8x Khorne Berzerkers
champ power fist
personal Icon
rhino

8x Khorne Berzerkers
champ power fist
personal Icon
rhino

6x Noise marines
5x sonic blasters
rhino

3x Obliterators (Abaddon attached for deep strike)

2x Obliterators

defiler Havoc launcher

A hair under 2000pts, fun to play as it is such a compact force that things happen quickly. surprisingly there is a bit of tactical flexibility, due mainly to Abaddon being separate from the termies, and the icons for my deep striking comfort.
I tried to make this list without any forces of nurgle for aesthetic reasons, My nurgle units are painted for my Plague marine army so they stand out due to their paint job and therefore look like they don't belong, the rest of this force muted and dark colour scheme.

All critical appraisal welcome. So far debut battle was a win vs Korras'o Khan's biker\termie SM's (dawn of war\annihilation set up)

Connjurus
12-22-2010, 10:21 PM
I like this list - Abaddon operates wonderfully attached to Deep-striking Oblits - but where exactly does the Defiler fit in? With the Havoc Launcher?

blackarmchair
12-23-2010, 01:27 AM
You don't want the noise marines and you REALLY don't want the Defiler.

Both are really inefficient.

I'd just get another khorne squad.

Connjurus
12-23-2010, 01:53 AM
Well...in the other post, he says he usually fights other MEQ. They're actually GREAT against other marines if you're trying to clear them out of cover - Sergeant with a power weapon and Doom Siren along with his guys assault them in cover after killing a few with the cover/3+ save ignoring template that wounds on 3's, and because they have Offensive Grenades, they strike at initiative order...which means the Noise Marines attack first.

While Khorne Berzerkers do the same thing, they only do so on the charge, and lack the awesome AP: 3 Template. :P

Bedroom General
12-23-2010, 04:34 PM
Hey thanks so much for the crits.
My Defiler has a havok launcher 'cos its sort of the eyes of the machine, its converted to look more like a jumping spider, so again its aesthetics! I put him in the list as he can work as a secondary distraction to the landraider, as he's a big sized model too, and if I get a shot or two off then it does concentrate attention. The rhino with six noise marines (only five sonics, other guys just a "normal" noise boy) was all i could fit for the points. They are my backfield objective grabbers. i do get the idea of another rhino of KB's but I aint got those. (only two squads I own!) and I'm not running nurgle units in this army so I'm making do with other units that I have. If i was to nurgle this list up, it would be rocking 2 daemon princes instead of abby, and plague marines in the big can, all other PM units would be in rhino's, I wont have defiler in there as the distraction of two princes and two vindicators should be enough to occupy my opponent. (I doubt I'd use obliterators in this list though. Probably all mech.)

Connjurus
12-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Ew, Nurgle Daemon Princes. :p Tzeentch is the way to go, my son. 4++, two psychic powers able to be cast a turn, etc etc.

But I like your reason for the Havoc Launcher! :)

Bedroom General
12-23-2010, 09:41 PM
Ahh, I've never been a fan of tzeentch, so my Princes are staying Nurgle, and if they are in cover then they're as good as Tzeentch's lads, also hilarious in a ruck against t3 enemies! Actually I'm happy to lose one if it enables my troops to achieve their objectives. As if it does take a wound or so, I've found that the majority of my opponents firepower will go onto that wounded prince to "bring it down", as it were. This can work to my advantage. :)

Everwynd
12-29-2010, 09:03 AM
dedicated possessed land raider

3x Obliterators (Abaddon attached for deep strike)

2x Obliterators

defiler Havoc launcher

you have 4 heavy support choices there...:cool:

Smotku
12-29-2010, 11:16 AM
Nope he has only three HS. the Land Raider is a dedicated transport for the Terminators.