PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angels, rapid insertion

Brody117
12-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Hello, I just wanted to get some opinions on a list I've been playing around with. My thoughts on this where the following. Depending on the opponent put everything in reserve, or half and half, or all on. First units to arrive would begin to engage and tie up units for the rest to follow. Hopefully SQ-1 coming in relatively quick and targeting the heart of the enemy to tear it out. If SQ-1 has a delayed arrival then my hopes are the other squads will have tied up the enemy in CC and possibly eliminated a bit. I personally don't like that I'm pretty reliant on SQ-1's arrival so hopefully I'll get some constructive opinions. Thanks!

SQ-1
Libby- Infernus Pistol, Blood Lance, Sanguine Sword
Brother Corbulo
5x Termie Assault Marines- TH/SS
Stormraven Gunship- TL MM, TL AC, Hurricane Bolters (each side)
Furioso Dread- Blood Talons, Melta, Heavy Flamer, Magna Grapple

SQ-2,3,4,5
10x Assault Marines- 2x Infernus Pistol, Sgt with Power Fist, and Infernus Pistol

Tynskel
12-23-2010, 04:32 PM
I would mix it up with the assault squads.
Switch one to double plasma, and another to double flamer. Give the flamer squad a power weapon and hand flamer. Give the plasma squad a plasma pistol. This will increase the flexibility of your list. I'd switch some of the infernus pistols to meltaguns, just for a little bit more range.

If ya squeeze, you might be able to fit a Land Speeder in.

What point value is the list? Off the top of my head it seems between 1850 and 2000. If it is ending up at 2000, I'd definately squeeze the points for land speeders. I choose two of the more expensive Land Speeders, but you could easily get three land speeders: two Multi-Melta and one Hv Bolter.

2000/2000
HQ 115
115 Libraian
Infernus Pistol, Sanguine Sword, Unleashed Rage

ELITES 495
105 sanguinary Priesthood
Corbulo
165 Furioso
Blood Talons, Extra Armor, Magna Grapple, Hv Flamer
225 Terminator Assault Squad
5 Terminators, 5 TH/SS

Hv SUPPORT 230
230 Stormraven Gunship
twin Multi-Melta, twin Assault Cannon, Hurricane Bolters

TROOPS 990
260 Assault Squad Alpha
10 Marines, Plasma Pistol, Powerfist, 2 Plasma Rifles
230 Assault Squad Beta
10 Marines, Hand Flamer, Power Weapon, Melta Bombs, 2 Flamer
250 Assault Squad Alpha
10 Marines, Infernus Pistol, Powerfist, 2 Meltguns
250 Assault Squad Alpha
10 Marines, Infernus Pistol, Powerfist, 2 Meltguns

FAST ATTACK 170
70 Land Speeder Tornado
Hv Flamer, Multi-Melta
100 Land Speed Typhoon
Multi-Melta, Typhoon Launchers

somerandomdude
12-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Don't have a lot to say but I will second the idea of meltaguns > infernus pistols for ASM. Losing two attacks per squad to give you an extra 6" (3" for melta) isn't that big of a deal.

I'd also consider Unleash Rage over Sanguine Sword. Sword is great for instant killing models and taking out vehicles you have in assault range, but you already have quite a bit of that with the TH/SS and their S9 charges. Give them preferred enemy instead and you should be golden.

The only things that would give you problems after that switch would be Furiouso/Ironclad Dreads and AV 14, but you should take care of those with Blood Lance/Melta.

dannyat2460
12-23-2010, 05:35 PM
Don't have a lot to say but I will second the idea of meltaguns > infernus pistols for ASM. Losing two attacks per squad to give you an extra 6" (3" for melta) isn't that big of a deal.

isnt that big adeal until you need it lol id swap one to infernus pistol but keep the other melta gun just incase lol

somerandomdude
12-23-2010, 05:46 PM
isnt that big adeal until you need it lol id swap one to infernus pistol but keep the other melta gun just incase lol

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I believe that meltaguns are the smarter buy. Not only do you save points, but you also have a longer range, and all you lose is one attack (two per squad, eight per army).

That's what I meant by "not a big deal" - the loss of attacks. Also the ">" means that I value meltaguns much more highly.

Smotku
12-24-2010, 02:08 PM
I might change the hq around a bit.

put the libby in termy armor and give him a storm sheild, they die real quick if you send them against decent close combat squads and this makes them a lot more survivable. give him sanguine sword and unleash rage. I have found that blood lance is not that effective. Since you are delivering them with a stormraven they are going to go into close combat immidailty and usually against that toughest thing they have. Overkill is underated. If you can shave points else where I would make him an epistolary.
I would also consider dropping corbulo and putting in a Sang priest in Term armor.

I run a termie assault squad with the above combo and usually mix it up 3 th/ss and 2 lc. I like to take advantage of the higher initi on the charge. I run them in a crusader usually.

libby 195 w epistolary upgrade
sang pr 85
term aslt 215

this is 50 points more than what you have so points shaving would have to come from elsewhere.

something else to consider..if you are going to run that many squads and not alot of priests then Astrorath becaomes a viable choice of course, that means dropping a 220 in othe areas.