PDA

View Full Version : Too Chubby: DE 2000pts

Pariah Stevo
12-25-2010, 12:13 AM
So. This is my first crack at a DE list. The main idea is dark light spam with a bit of counter charge to keep people off of me. I can tell already that the list is too fat, i.e. has too many options. I was hoping y'all could tell me what extras I need, what extras I can do without, and what I can do to make the list better.

Archon- huskblade, soultrap, combat drugs, PGL, SF (goes with incubi)

Hemonculi Anc.- agoniser, casket, liquifier gun( goes with witches)

5 incubi- klavex, bloodstone, onslaught
Raider- NS, FF

2 X 4 Trueborn- 4 blasters
Raider - NF FF

2 X 10 Warriors- blaster, sybarite ,venom blade
Raider - NF, FF

20 Warriors- 2 dark lances, sybarite, venom blade

9 wyches- 2 shardnet, hetrix, agoniser
Raider NF, FF

2 X Ravangers w/ DL

That comes in at 2016. What do yall think?

BlindGunn
12-25-2010, 03:29 AM
Well, working backwards:

Ravagers: Fine, but may want to grant them Flickerfields for that extra save.

Wyches: 1st: Need 10 Wyches to take 2 Shardnets & Impailers (Only get 1 for every 5 Wyches in the unit). If you get another Wych, the Hamoculi won't be able to ride the raider with them. Have to choose one or the other. Also, I strongly recommend Haywire Grenades: my Marine opponents like to throw Dreadnoughts at them. Without Haywires, your Wyches will be ground down with no chance of breaking free.

20 Warriors: If their purpose is to grant you more Dark Lances and to shoot from a distance, holding objectives, the Sybarite does not need a Venom Blade. He (and the unit) will (hopefully) never get into Close Combat. You may want to consider dropping the Sybarite as well, but I like the +1 Leadership.

10 Warriors: Main reason to take 10-man units is to get access to the Splinter Cannon or Dark Lances. If you expect to do a lot of moving (on and off the Raider), take the SC. Again, Venom Blade - unless you plan on charging warriors into CC, there's no point in it.

Raiders wth NS & FF: I like them, but if you want to shave off some points, I would probably drop the Flickerfield. Raiders biggest weakness is against massed rapid-fire infantry weapons Strength 4 or more. As Raiders tend to move closer to the opponent to unload their cargo, they need to worry about this more than the occassional Lascannon shot. Nightshield can greatly reduce the number of shots coming in at all except the shortest ranges. FF is best against that one lone shot - not massed fire. Hopefully the Lascannons will be shot at the Ravagers (or MISS!).

Trueborns: While I understand the appeal of 4 blasters in a unit, it seems a waste to me. Unit is very small and if it looses its ride, they're dead. Be careful with these. Make sure something is nearby to support them in case they get into trouble, or expect to loose 2 Kill Points.

Incubi: Pretty small unit. I would prefer a larger unit.

Ham.: This goes back to the Wyches. If you want the two Shardnets, need to either find another ride (the Incubi or one of the Trueborn?) or put him with the Foot Warriors to boost them a bit if they get into trouble. Or drop him and use the points to get the extra Wych, some toys and maybe another Incubi or two. As you are not taking Wracks as troops - he's not essential for your forces.

Archon. Never used the Husk Blade, but could be fun! Again - I recommend giving him Haywire Grenade - just in case he finds himself face-to-face with a Dread.

Most of what I had to say will cost you more points per unit. Sadly, you have to decide what's best for you and equip the army accordingly. Hope this helps some.Good Luck