PDA

View Full Version : Stormtroopers

jimbobjeff
08-27-2009, 08:19 AM
I'm after some models to use as stormtroopers in my elysian drop troops army, I dont want to use kasrkin (boring) and the other stormtroopers are a pain to get special weapons for (the only way to get them is in a box with 1 of each special weapon in it). I'm thinking something involving space marine scouts but im a bit stumped.

Any suggestions?

Schnitzel
08-27-2009, 09:08 AM
Take a look at Slan's Iron Vets (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=195) or my Afriel Strain (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=1019) thread for some cool conversion ideas.
I'm using my models as Vets, however there's nothing stopping you from using a conversion you whip up as a 'counts as' Stormtroopers.

Valdore
08-27-2009, 02:12 PM
You could look into other companies as well, personally I have some Pig Iron Heavy Infantry that I'm going to convert up at some point. They're not great for special weapons, but they are cheaper (though still metal) They look more unique yet can still pass as carapace armour, and are the right scale (Though they look a little odd sat next to a 40k guardsmen, I think the legs are thinner)

Also, if you planning on using them for Elysians, the Hasslefree Jetpacks are a good size. Again, I'm going to use them for showing the airborne assault strategem for the squad.

cco
08-27-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm happy to help you search for models, but it would do well to know what your budget is. Can you give me that? As in how much can you spend on the stormtroopers, how many squads etc.
What look are you going for? A swat team style, Heavy armour? Please Elaborate and I can help more.

jimbobjeff
08-27-2009, 04:41 PM
The pig iron stuff is interesting, im just not sure how well it would fit in with 40k stuff, as for a budget, within reason I dont have one, I already spent too much on this army, a little more wont hurt....

fiore hellheart
09-01-2009, 12:06 PM
I would go with the pig iron stuff, awsome helmets and bags ect.

Flonky
09-01-2009, 12:48 PM
I too advise you to look at the Pig Iron models, they are suitably elite looking for stormtroopers.