PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Chaos Marines List (Semi-Competitive)

Gootintog
12-31-2010, 04:11 AM
Hey guys,

Here's my list for Chaos Marines, please tear it apart, I appreciate it all. But before you do so, let me tell you guys what I want the list to (or at least what I hope for). I HQ choices were originally made separately to, maybe, split the list, but ended up staying together. Since they are somewhat different, they can be separated or altered to fit this or another list. The Defiler is meant to lend that 72" ordinance support and the occasional Str 10 CC attack, but it is mainly there to pot shot. The Plague Marines are there because they are, well, PLAGUE MARINES! Hahaha, and to hold objectives or resiliently tie up units in combat or used for some excellent suppressive fire. I know that I may specialize with the same weapon, but I enjoy the variety and it helps for wound allocation. And the Terminators are there as the backbone to this list. This is because they are all champions and have LCs and MoK, granting them 5 attacks a piece, with re-rolls to wound, riding in their metal box.

Tear it apart guys, be brutal, all is appreciated. And I would gladly accept tactics tips and/or why to add/drop units.

Thanks guys!!!
HQ - 365 pts.

Demon Prince
-with MoT, Wings, Doombolt and BoC

Chaos Lord
-with MoK, Daemon Weapon, Daemonic Steed, and Combi-Weapon

ELITES - 520 pts.

Chaos Terminators X5
-Term. Champ X5, Pair of LC X5, and IoK
Dedicated Land Raider - with Daemonic Possession

Heavy Support - 150 pts.

Chaos Defiler - with Reaper Auto-cannon and DCCW

TROOPS - 813 pts.

Plague Marines X7
- Champ w/ PF
-Melta Gun X1 and Plasma Gun X1
Dedicated Rhino - with Combi-weapon

Plague Marines X7
- Champ w/ PF

Plague Marines X7
- Champ w/ PF

~1848 pts. (11 Kill Points)

Ulf
12-31-2010, 06:13 AM
I think the list is pretty good already, but I have some minor suggestions:

Demon Prince: Needs warptime. Even if you go for shooting, warptime lets you re-roll your shooting attacks with the other psychic power, which compensates the lack of a second shooty power.

Chaos Lord: Deamon Weapon of Khorne + Juggernaut is a risky choice. They can kill tons of enemies, but just as well they might just die to a single lascan / melta / rocket... add in the big risk of the Deamon Weapon to refuse working, and you have one expensive, unreliable unit. The only thing that always works is that your oponents will feat this unit. All things considered, a second Demon Prince would be a better choice. The place of a Chaos Lord like this is in a khorne-only list, which you are obviously not going for.

Terminators: Awesome unit, DP for the LR is also a good choice. I'd pack in a Chainfist instead of a fifth pair of lightning claws, so you can't get stuck in combat with a Dreadnought (or even a Sentinel...)

Defiler: Much needed Long range fire support, but will probably have died by turn 2. Still a solid choice.

Plague Marines: I wouldn't mix the special weapons, but as you obviously prefer it that way, it's not wrong either. :)

All in all, I feel you lack some long range firepower. Obliterators are notorious for providing that. :) Depending on what your enemies play, you will need some more options to destroy transport vehicles, as they might do the same to you before you get in range and then outmaneuver your troops.

Connjurus
12-31-2010, 01:56 PM
Mm, loving the Daemon Prince with the Mark of Tzeentch, though I agree about Warptime - perhaps mixed with Winds of Chaos? ;)

I also like the mixed special weapons - normally when people see a meltagun mixed with another weapon, they just assume that it's one or the other - but the Plasmagun is quite the versatile little gun, two shots at 12" that is capable of glancing anything short of a Land Raider. I like it. :)

Daemonette666
12-31-2010, 06:16 PM
I would cut down the number of Plague Marine units and replace one with a unit of ether khorne berserkers or noisemarines. Since you seem to be theming most the army list around Tzeentch and Nurgle, use a unit of thousand sons for the invul saves and ap3 bolters. I would also get rid of the Khorne Lord, and get a unit of Nurgle Bikers, and replace the Defiler with 2 obliterators.

These are the main changes I would make.

Alternately replace a unit of plague marines with summoned lesser daemons 1 or 2 squads instead of thousand sons, and make the other change I recommended, but add Icons and personal icons around the army.

This makes it so you can rush up and force the opponent to choose whether the bikes are more important than the plague marines, and then you summon in the daemons and grab the objectives. The Obliterators can provide the fire power of the defiler with the ability to take Multi Meltas and Plasma cannon. They can also hide in cover or deep strike using the icons so you do not have them exposed for too long.