PDA

View Full Version : Titanicus

forcecommander
08-27-2009, 02:41 PM
Having finished the 'Titanicus' book for the 2nd time, I've got a hankering for hot Titan on Titan action.

Doing some research has just further confused me as to which system has the best rules for Titan combat: Epic Armeggedon seems to be really focused on combined arms, and doesn't (at least on the surface) have much in the way of Titan customability. Epic 40k seems to be universally reviled. NETepic has a lot of positive intrawebz press, but I can't seem to get a copy of the rules.

Anyone have some advice? I'm looking for Titanicus type battles... mostly titans with a bit of tank and infantry

Jamie

Gotthammer
08-27-2009, 11:11 PM
Best system is Adeptus Titanicus IMO: http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=1220

Abominable Plague Marine
08-28-2009, 03:45 AM
Every now and then rumours surface from Forgeworld that an all Titan system with Epic minis is in the works, it was rumoured before AI came out.

GR00V3R
08-30-2009, 09:53 PM
I'd still say go with Epic:Armageddon--just use the community-produced Wargryphons list, which you'll find on TacComs (when it's back online). :)

That list widely accepted at tournaments, if that's a concern.

Adeptus Titanicus has great depth, but is slower to play (from memory).

Chris
09-01-2009, 11:42 PM
Adeptus titanicus (the first edition, pre Codex Titanicus) is the best version. Though its just warlords you can use the accompanying white dwarf articles for the other titans.

Fabricator General
09-05-2009, 11:17 AM
I prefer to use the rules in Space Marine....quick, fast, and bloody. Adeptus Titanicus is great, but you'll spend less time with rules if you use Space Marine.

MajorWesJanson
09-11-2011, 04:57 AM
Every now and then rumours surface from Forgeworld that an all Titan system with Epic minis is in the works, it was rumoured before AI came out.

As of GD Chicago, Will Hayes would like to do a proper scaled set of Mars Titans based off of the 40K scale ones at some point.

Lane
09-12-2011, 01:49 AM
Either Adeptus Titanicus or the Space Marine rules would be best for titan vs Titan. Both have a fairly high level of detail for weapons and damage results. AT is more complex but does allow customized Titan stats. SM integrates infantry and vehicles better.

Evil & Chaos
07-10-2012, 10:33 AM
I'd still say go with Epic:Armageddon--just use the community-produced Wargryphons list, which you'll find on TacComs (when it's back online). :)

That list widely accepted at tournaments, if that's a concern.

Adeptus Titanicus has great depth, but is slower to play (from memory).

I concur with this. Epic: Armageddon is the best basic rules system, and the War Gryphonnes list adds weapons variety.