PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Special Characters and Use

Fr05ty
01-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Well, this is a little thread so that people post what's their favourite special character and a mini tactica/comment of how they use them or how they work best.

My favourite character is (are) the Sisters of Twilight!

Mounted on Ceithin-Har (Dragon) they become a terrible threat, shooting at the enemy and keeping enemy units moving slowly up the board while they close in and then unleashing the dragon onto a poor enemy unit to suffer 6 WS6 S5 attacks, 5 WS6 S6 attacks and D6 S6 stomps... they are powerful in shooting and combat and with the loosing of the Large Target rule and the +1AS from the dragon they can be quite powerful indeed.

Mounted on Gwindalor (Great Eagle) I still have my doubts as to how the wound system works for them, they either have 2x3 wounds or 3 wounds in total... weird, but anyways, on the dragon they are masterful and powerful.

Overall, I love the feel of who they are, their fluff, their models, their rules and how they are played.

Post your own comments on your favourite characters!

Mr.Pickelz
01-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Grimgor Ironhide in a Huge block of Black Orcs, They 'Hate" everyone and are immune to psychology. not to mention he is a beast in close combat, ASF +2str weapon with a 1+a 5+w saves. Once you get him in there...he's a wrecking ball! and he's got a cool model to boot!

novatomato
01-04-2011, 12:18 PM
I've always had a soft spot for Mazdamundi, a giant super magical toad riding a dinosaur.

Other than that I do enjoy Kroq-Gar once in a while for an entirely Cold One Cavalry list that sends people nto paroxysms.

Bean
02-09-2011, 02:15 AM
Most powerful? Probably Teclis--and if I played High Elves, he'd be my favorite.

Instead, I play Daemons, so it's a bit of a toss-up between Fateweaver and Skulltaker, but I probably have to side with Fateweaver. He's an excellent caster and the mind-boggling variety of spells he gets--a selection he can tailor to each opponent, even across multiple games in a tournament--really put him over the top, utility-wise.

Using him is easy: fly around and cast spells. He sucks in combat, so keep him out of it.

Skulltaker is on the other side of the coin. Cheap and not very versatile, but a massive combat powerhouse. Don't replace your normal Herald with him--you want that hatred on your Bloodletters, but adding him into a big BL block along side your BSB HoK really gives that block a massive extra kick (and, for what little it's worth anymore, he ups their MR to 2). Totally worth it--in a game allowing special characters, I'd almost always take both.

Jwolf
02-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Single is Archaon, just because he dies to a cannonball on the first shot almost every time.

I'm really looking forward to a Valkia + Throgg lovefest of 4+ Ward Stubborn Trolls.

Bean
02-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Single is Archaon, just because he dies to a cannonball on the first shot almost every time.

I'm really looking forward to a Valkia + Throgg lovefest of 4+ Ward Stubborn Trolls.

That would be amusing. Shame Regen is a form of ward-save, now, so you can't take Ward Save and Regen save, anymore, but still. Stubborn trolls--that's a lot of damage output and a lot of wounds.