PDA

View Full Version : Units you love to hate

Pariah Stevo
08-27-2009, 09:31 PM
What is the number one unit you loathe seeing across the table. The unit you shudder at the very mention of it? For me : Thunder Fire cannon: My friend once killed 20 orks in one volley, in cover, from the other side of the board: nasty!!!!

A HUGE BLUNT
08-27-2009, 09:43 PM
Surprisingly, it's Nids!

I run a heavy dread Chaos list, 3 defilers and 3 CC dreads. Their big bugs often strike first and wreak them, or slap them with a str 10 venom thing. Last tourny against them my nid opponent had me tabled by turn 4 without even using his enhanced genestealers. It was embarrassing

Blackmoor
08-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Lootas

Skragger
08-27-2009, 11:32 PM
Leman Russ Battle Tank Squadron.. my poor, poor ork boyz.. nothing like watching 3 battle cannons tear 5" holes in your army on turn 1...:mad:

EmperorEternalXIX
08-28-2009, 12:04 AM
The stupidly effective, stupidly common, stupidly tough, stupidly long-range Leman Russ Battle Tank.

Drunkencorgimaster
08-28-2009, 05:45 AM
Monoliths.

Big, annoying, line-of-sight-blocking, armor-14, melta-resistent, unit-re-cycling, ugly-*** floating condominiums.

Abominable Plague Marine
08-28-2009, 05:48 AM
Boyz, Thousand Sons.........kill me everytime!

ZenPaladin
08-28-2009, 08:07 AM
Carnifex!

Damn thing is such a Juggernaught! You can take it down.. but can you afford the firepower it takes to do it?

Landraider!
It's not the tank.. its the paylode. I can handle the tank. I can handle the paylode... I can't handle the damn tank driving into my face and discharging Assult Termies into a unit of my enemies choosing!

Levitas
08-28-2009, 09:05 AM
DPs with lash in pairs. Now almost a cliche, but still very annoying and efficient at taking out most things quickly.

10 man termie squads. The only reason i never leave home without 2 vindicators.

Exitus Acta Probat
08-28-2009, 09:44 AM
Large move and shoot units of Broadsides...backed up by Hammerhead(s)

No way to kill em fast enough. They will walk out, they will kill your AV-14(and/or transports), and the rest of a properly built Tau army will nuke what's no longer in vehicles. Even THSS's cannot survive the magnitude of fire a Tau list can put down if they can't ride for more than a turn.

Speaking of THSS's....love to have em, hate to face em! :)

Schnitzel
08-28-2009, 11:11 AM
For me its the Monolith. Bloody annoying things! My buddy back in Vienna would always bring as many as possible and Nightbringer every game. And I'm too nice... We house rule out the 'phase out' rules for it to be a more enjoyable game for my friend.

Dwarflord17404
08-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Its hard to say what unit I hate. I guess I hate the fact that Khorne berzerkers and Death guard Marines are better then most armies elite yet they are troop choices. I hate the fact that 2 races in 40k have to field terrible troops choices in an edtion that makes a minium of 4 troops choices mandatory ( Tau Fire Warrior and Necron Warrior) . Yeah i think that is it.