PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Dark Eldar - Vect.

RIGHT-Titan
01-05-2011, 09:51 PM
This list is what many would probably think of as HQ heavy. But it still seems quite effective for it's points cost.

HQ:

Asdrubael Vect - 240
Haemonculus; Liquifier, Venom Blade - 65
Haemonculus; Liquifier, Venom Blade - 65

TROOPS:

8x Wyches; Shardnet, Raider - 145
9x Wracks; Liquifier, Raider - 160
10x Warriors; Splinter Cannon, Blaster, Raider - 175
10x Warriors; Splinter Cannon, Shredder, Raider - 165

ELITES:

4x Trueborn; Blaster, Blaster, Blaster, Blaster, Raider - 168
4x Trueborn; Blaster, Blaster, Blaster, Blaster, Raider - 168
3x Trueborn; Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon, Venom w/ 2 Splinter Cannons - 121

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Ravager; Flickerfield, Nightshield - 125

Total: 1847

Short 3 points unless I miss counted something but I'm pretty confident of everything but the cost of the shardnet... I put this together at work while it was dead, so I might have messed up that one.

Vect takes a Haemo and the wyches and rides in a raider.
Other Haemo goes with the wracks in theirs. Provides 2 pretty solid CC units with a pretty good amount of shooting.

15 dark lances that can fire on the move and 8 blasters. Blasters and Lances pop the transports, splinter fire and CC squads feast on the gooey interiors, either squad should have the wherewithal to eat whatever is inside in most cases.

Liquifiers ignore Marine armor 50% of the time and the Wrack squad has 2, Vect's has 1. Vect has 8 attacks on the charge, hitting on 3's rerolling and wounding on 3s (rerolling vs eldar). Place the shardnet against the meanest thing fighting back just to add insult to injury in case they wiff.

Seems pretty solid to me but I look forward to the feedback.

Brycec13
01-05-2011, 10:11 PM
I would put a ff on vects raider and get rid of the shredder otherwise i would like to know how it does. Seems alright as long as your transports make it wherever safely.

somerandomdude
01-05-2011, 11:03 PM
Shardnets (all three Wych weapons in fact) are 10 points, so you'll have to switch something (possibly dropping the shredder as was said).

Personally, I don't like paying for single anti-tank weapons (other than meltaguns), and less so when the squad is so fantastic against infantry, so I'd drop the Blaster on the single squad for extra points. All that firepower in the squad, so do you really want to waste it on one shot that statistically doesn't have much of a chance to do anything?

On the flipside, 4 blasters is a little bit TOO much, so I'd drop the 4th one (and the 4th Trueborn) from those two squads.

This gives you 72 points if my math is right (and the shardnet was the only mistake), enough for Flickerfields on all of your Raiders if you'd like, while not really taking any effectiveness out of the list in my opinion.

Or, give Vect's Raider and the Wrack Raider Shock Prow + Torment Grenade Launcher for tank shocking off of objectives late game or (more fun) bunching them up for templates. Remember, when you tank shock the only models who can Death or Glory are models actually displaced by the vehicle. Also, open-topped vehicles measure range from any point, so a template could run along the side of the Raider (starting on the fatter part towards the back) and get quite a few enemies (probably 8 or 9 without much trouble). Personally I'd do this (and leave the FFs off of the Warrior Raiders).

Also, one thing I'd say about your tactics at the end. While starting the Haemy with Vect + Wyches is fantastic, don't look at it as Vect's squad having the Liquifier. You should never have your Haemy out of the transport with the Wyches, he will just slow them down WAY too much. Have them disembark (with the pain token) and leave the Haemy on board to go around liquifying. Also, if you liquify an enemy squad too much, you may cause a fall back move and leave your Wyches out in the open. Even with FNP, you don't want that too happen. I could've read into your comment too much, but I felt like I should still say that.

Hope all of that helps.

EDIT: Just ran it through Army Builder, and it looks like there are 10 points to spare. You can use this for two more Shock Prows or Grisly Trophies for the backline Warriors (with Grisly Trophies you can start disembarked with them on an objective and most people will focus on the squad, so you can reroll casualty checks) or Enhanced Aethersails for the forward Raiders.