PDA

View Full Version : One year and half a chapter later...

daggitkiller
07-31-2009, 11:33 AM
So a year ago I sold all my chaos models (7000+) that were mostly painted so that I could embark on space marines. I had always wanted to do my own chapter and the new codex seemed like the time.

This is the Storm Guard so far. They are a Raven Guard successor that is built around a defender theme, kind of like ancient hospitalers, except with drop pods and jump packs.

One day I'll have have a full first company, painted models and better pictures. For now I just wanted to set up what I have and put it out there that I want this all painted in two years.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l31/burundijay/AlmostDone001.jpg

Since this picture I've added the first assault squad, and a few more drop pods.

There are 10 regular drop pods and 3 dreads.

Here's a bad picture of the color scheme, need to upgrade my photo stuffs soon, thanks for looking...

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l31/burundijay/sm004.jpg

King Wibble
07-31-2009, 12:38 PM
pretty awesome so far, big likes!!

Concentrate More
07-31-2009, 12:47 PM
Wow that will look amazing when it is finished.

Artificer
07-31-2009, 12:49 PM
Looks good & cool

-=Lazuli=-
07-31-2009, 01:21 PM
Very cool!

GuardmanMarbo
07-31-2009, 01:39 PM
Should look good, when it get all painted.

Lord Solaar
07-31-2009, 02:00 PM
I really like the red and white color scheme

Big Jim
07-31-2009, 02:06 PM
The red looks fantastic from what I can see of it.

daggitkiller
07-31-2009, 03:18 PM
Thanks guys. I really need to get a camera and light box so I can paint and post as I go, partially for feedback and mostly just to push myself along.

I'm pretty happy with the red, it took me forever to be happy with it, most reds are too orange or too burgandy for what I was going for. Now I just need to buy and build a bit more and then it's head down time.

Lord Inquisitor
07-31-2009, 04:20 PM
Quite the project, looks good though. I like the Dreadnought drop pods! I guess you custom made those, they look really good.

Snarf
07-31-2009, 04:28 PM
Very nice. Good luck with the painting.

Any chance of a closer picture of the Dreadnought drop pods?

GVEGames
07-31-2009, 08:57 PM
What are you doing wasting time on the internet with all that unpainted plastic??? YOU'VE GOT WORK TO DO, MISTER!!!

j/k. They look great so far. Keep up the good work, and try to stay hydrated because that's going to be a marathon to get all of that painted. ;)

Abominable Plague Marine
08-01-2009, 05:37 AM
Good luck on the project mate, keep us updated.

daggitkiller
08-01-2009, 10:08 AM
GVE you are spot on. Thanks everyone, this was just the guilt I needed. I have a busy week of work next week but then I've got time. I will be getting to the brushes and then "borrowing" my wife's camera.

DarcChipmunk
08-06-2009, 09:26 PM
That's gotta be a daunting project. The time it takes to paint them all will be outweighed by the satisfaction of finishing it.

I'm looking forward to seeing it come along.

cheers,

Morat
08-07-2009, 09:35 AM
Good stuff, I share your red issues, getting it just so is a nightmare. Hope you've got an easily replicable system for the rest of the army. I often find I have to go through quite a lot of mucking about to get it right and then find it needed the layers of getting it wrong underneath to make it right on the top when it comes to do the others.

@Lord Inquisitor

They're Forge World dreadnought pods. If they're not then I'm sure daggitkiller will be along to correct me and take his applause as a master converter.

daggitkiller
08-07-2009, 08:02 PM
No, no, master purchaser is my offical title. They are indeed forgeworld, should have mentioned that. And yes, it took a lot of tries (10+ marines my stepson grabbed as I was throwing them away). Needless to say, my gaming friends are sick of me showing them red marines.

Thankfully I've replicated it on a virgin marine. I have a squad almost done that will have slight variations in the red but not too bad. More to come.