PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Mech IG

Tensor
08-28-2009, 05:45 AM
I'm updating my old codex Droptroop Doctorine IG to the new edition, mostly my mechanising them. This is my list so far. I'm a little concerned I am trying to squeeze too many things in and should maybe drop some bits to double up on others. Also, Russes are as equiped as thats what I have atm... change is possible.

Company Command
4 Melta
Chimera (Hull HF & Turret ML)

Vet Squad
3 Melta

Vet Squad
3 Melta

Vet Squad
3 Melta

Vet Squad
3 Plasma
Demolitions

Valkyrie
Rocket Pods
(for plasma vets)

Banewolf
Hull MM

Armoured Sentinal

Hydra

Russ
Sponson HB

Russ
Hull Lascannon

Abominable Plague Marine
08-28-2009, 05:53 AM
So your new list is nothing like your old Droptroop doctrine list?

Give it a whirl and see how it plays, see if you like it or not.

DoctorEvil
08-28-2009, 06:26 AM
Question.....why are you giving the Plasma Vets the Demolitions doctrine and putting them in the Valk? I guess I just think there is a better synergy with Melta Vets- Demoltions-Valk, since Melta and Demoltions are relatively short range weapons and the Valk is a good transport to get them were they need to be. Plasma Vets and the Chimera seem like a better match.

Chumbalaya
08-28-2009, 07:32 AM
Yep, the plasma+Valk+Demo seems odd. Having 1 Valk is not something I'd recommend as they tend to draw a lot of fire, unless you outflank it or hold it in reserve (Astropath would be handy).

Armored Sentinel seems out of place, I'd prefer normal Scout Sentinels or another Hydra.

LRBTs don't need hull lascannons, it's BS3 for a single shot that doesn't complement the battle cannon well. Sponsons are too expensive. I'd prefer Demos for high S and better AP.

More cover-ignoring or mass killy weapons would be handy, since you've got plenty of units to pop vehicles you'll need something to mess up the recently vacated occupants.

Tensor
08-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

I'll certainly look at swapping the demo charge around. The basic idea was plasma squad with demo as squad killer while melta squads are vehicle killers first. The demo charge might even go... I think I'm being sentimental about them because of the drop doctrine roots.

The valk would be flanking. I think I'd struggle to fit 2 in in 1500 and keep enough other stuff.

The Armoured sentinal thinking was to tie up powerfistless squads. I'm not sure it fits at all though really.

The LR i am likely to go for just hull HB I think - I agree the other things dont fit. I'll take Demolishers under advisement allthough that might be a longer term thing as it means buying two demos :)

Squeezing out the Hydra and sentinal would make room for another banewolf or a hellhound which I may consider. I'll jiggle the points around and see where it goes.