PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Figures

40k_Dib
01-07-2011, 11:08 PM
Greetings All.

Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster.

In lurking around some of the threads, I've noticed a general trend of positive feedback from those who have purchased/modeled/painted the Infinity line of figures. Looking around the net, I do admit to being slightly confused though. Everyone seemed to be claiming their prices were quite low comparatively to the quality of the miniature; unfortunately, I am apparently looking in all the wrong spots.

Any suggestions/advice on where to go for better pricing? It'd certainly be appreciated.

-J.

justsam
01-08-2011, 07:59 AM
i know it doesn't particularly help you, but my local gaming spot sells Infinity models at 40% off retail, and they make for fantastic inquisitorial retinue figures. i don't know that i'd feel the same way if they were at full retail, especially for a game i don't play at that. i don't know what the infinity market is like on places like ebay, but that can't be a terrible place to start.

40k_Dib
01-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Appreciate the response, what would be the name of your local game store and do they have a presence on the Internet that would facilitate an online order?

Since I've started looking, I haven't been able to find much in the way of either solid stocking of the range, or prices that fall in line with most of what I've heard. Most anything across the pond, even with favorable exchange rates, is high even for a GW standard, while anything I've found within the States seem to cater to fans of the models at Premium prices only.

Again, help is appreciated.

Best Regards.

JMichael
05-24-2011, 01:52 PM
okay, okay. I know this is an older thread. But just for anyone else looking.
I buy my Infinity from thewarstore.com
good discount and flat shipping rate. I do live in San Diego, CA-US and thewarstore is on the other side of the country. But orders only takes 2-3 days to reach me.
Most Infinity I found on eBay is at or above retail, so I stick with thewarstore.com

Anyway, my 2cents. Oh, and I also recently recieved a miscast mini. Contacted Corvus Belli directly and they sent me a replacement very fast.

40k_Dib
09-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Better late then never, so here it goes ... thanks for the information, it is appreciated.

My LGS just started carrying some of the line, but as of yet I haven't been able to pull the trigger on picking anything up. Will certainly try to pry the wallet open soon.

chromedog
10-30-2011, 04:17 AM
While the single figure prices don't seem to be that much lower than GW (although a single figure for around $12 in metal is still lower than GW's $22 for one*), it's more the fact that you don't need to have more than around 10 models in your "army" that makes it a 'cheaper' game overall.

*local prices for Oz.

bepps
10-30-2011, 11:17 AM
Corvus Belli's official Infinity site has a Getting Started (http://www.infinitythegame.com/infinity/en/2011/access/infinity-getting-started/) guide for 300 point armies. They range between $90 and $130 at retail prices. One thing to note is that 150 point armies are a very popular, and for learning the games one often plays at even lower values.

I put together a listing of Infinity resources for those interested in starting the game here (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=14854) on the forums.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f109/Yasbir/bannerinfinity.jpg

drake2.0
03-05-2012, 06:17 PM
pretty bad threadomancy, but I am all for infinity. I hope you managed to pick some stuff up