PDA

View Full Version : Just for Fun 2k Wolves list

Vaddok Sek
01-09-2011, 12:11 AM
Been building a space wolves army with my xmas bonus money, and was sitting around with the codex and the few models I have to build a sort of a mashup list for a bit of friday night gaming.

HQ
Njal in termie armour

Troops
Grey Hunters (10)
Melta Gun (2)
Plasma Pistol
Power Fist
Drop Pod

Duplicate Grey Hunter Squad

Blood Claws(10)
Lukas
Melta Gun
Drop Pod

Elites
Wolf Guard (6)
One attached to Wolf Scouts has 2 wolf claws
5 termi armour
3 Wolf Claws
2 Wolf Claws
1 Heavy Flamer
2 thunder hammer and storm shields

Wolf Scouts
Melta Bombs
Power Weapons (2)

Lone Wolf
Termi Armour
wolf claw
Frost Axe
wolves (2)

Fast attack

Bikers (5)
Melta Bombs
Melta gun

Heavy
Land Raider Crusaider
extra armour

Total1993 pts

rle68
01-09-2011, 02:13 AM
first off

id drop any and all bikes there is no reason to pay those points for bs 3 its a slap in the face to sw players

second

no blood claws ever!! grey hunters same points get 2 assault weapons at 10 instead of 15 and that extra attack doesnt do you any good with a ws of 3 put ragnar in the army and you dont need blood claws anyways!

third

no njal in termy armor ever you cannot sweeping advance him with a unit when in ta . and you dont want him alone hell get eaten i made that mistake 1 time right when i got the dex

wolf scouts with power weapons? you can i wouldnt id do 2 plasma pistols and a melta gun or a flamer

why would you put xtra armor on a lrc anyway POTMS

Vaddok Sek
01-09-2011, 02:27 AM
Hey go easy man, beyond CSM and a few Grey Knights used as allies to my IG this is my first time playing marines so the xtra armour on the land raider was a bit of a force of habit. besides don't throw out Bloodclaws just yet I think furious charge makes them very useful, a well placed BC unit (usually via drop pod) with its furious charge, maybe a powerfist thrown in, and Lukas is an enemy HQ killer. But I guess your right on the bikes.

BlindGunn
01-11-2011, 10:06 AM
FWIW - I use Blood Claws all the time! They're fun. If they do what they're supposed to - it's GREAT! I would consider getting them a Wolf Priest to a) control them better & b) give them the "Oath of War" - helps with the WS3 issue. (Dropping Lucas would free up the points for a Wolf Priest and make room in the Drop pod for him.)

Personally - not a huge fan of the Melta. Any time I shoot a single-shot-per-turn weapon, I miss. Glad you're taking 2 with the Grey Hunters, but I would drop it for the Blood Claws - you only get 1 and at a lesser BS skill to boot. If I give the Blood Claws a special weapon - it would probably be a flamer where their BS doesn't matter. Problem with that - ya might just kill too many troops of the squad you had intended to charge into will either run away or no longer be in charge range...

Bikers - again, I would just drop the Melta Gun and count on the Twin-linked Bolters for my shooting.

Good luck and have fun!