PDA

View Full Version : 1850 tourney List

thecactusman17
01-10-2011, 02:05 AM
While I won't get to play this next week, this is my planned 1850 points for the next store tourney I attend. we play some pretty tough armies around here, what do you think?

HQ: 240 points total
Asdrubael Vect

Elites: 294 points total
1 unit (7 models) Incubi.
--Klaivex w/ Demiklaives, Onslaught
--Raider w/ Nightshields, Flickerfield, Shock Prow, Torment Grenade Launchers

Troops: 820 points total
4 units (10 models) Kabalite Warriors
--One model carrying Blaster
--Syrabite
--Raider w/ Nightshields, Flickerfield, Splinter Racks

Heavy: 495 points total
3 units (1 model) Razorwing Jetfighter
--Dark Lances
--Splinter Cannon
--Nightshields

I like how this list works on many different levels. Lots of poison and high strength for dealing with the big stuff, sheer volume of fire can deal with the smaller stuff.

VECT IS WORTH THE POINTS. Oh my GOD is he worth the points. Let my opponent go first, and he saddled with everything on the board up for a big first turn win--this was AFTER I explained that I could seize initiative on a 4+. Just to keep things interesting, I chose to deploy all my forces too, but had lots of options for hiding my transports behind cover and out of range. Sure enough, first turn was seized and his exposed, un-fortuned Warlock Bikers just melted under the firepower of 16 darklances and a salvo of missiles. Vect later proceeded to almost single-handedly kill two squads of charging Harlequins, both farseers, and didn't lose his shadowfield until the last turn of combat. Vect left close combat only once during the game, and only ever charged a single unit.

Even against other opponents, the possibility of that sudden turn reversal around here tends to make them play a far more cautious early game than they had been expecting to. This should work to my advantage, as I can more easily isolate units emerging from cover and flank up the side of an enemy looking to hide.