PDA

View Full Version : 1500 IG Hybrid

ElCheezus
01-11-2011, 11:35 AM
I'm starting to play around with going Hybrid guard, and just slammed out a list to see what it looked like. Are they enough vehicles to provide a threat? Is two blobs enough for redundancy? Am I trying to do too many things here?

CCS 3x Melta in a Chimera: 135

Melta Stormtroopers in a Chimera: 160

PCS 4x Flamers in a Chimera: 105
-Power Blob w/ Eviscerator Preist: 225
-Power Blob w/ Eviscerator Priest: 225

Plasma Vets: 115

Vendetta: 130

So I've got six AV 12 vehicles, and two blobs. I think my gameplan would be to deploy the Chimeras in front, and send the melta forward first to take out vehicles. Blah Blah melta stormtroopers scout to have a 32" melta threat blah blah. The blob will follow with overhead support from the Vendettas, which can hop over to drop off some plamsa doom if something heavy threatens the blob.

Fire away!

Sandman2663
01-11-2011, 12:40 PM
I'm starting to play around with going Hybrid guard, and just slammed out a list to see what it looked like. Are they enough vehicles to provide a threat? Is two blobs enough for redundancy? Am I trying to do too many things here?

CCS 3x Melta in a Chimera: 135 Toss in a HF - It works wonders for me

Melta Stormtroopers in a Chimera: 160 I love this setup and use it regularily, I outflank half the time.

PCS 4x Flamers in a Chimera: 105
-Power Blob w/ Eviscerator Preist: 225
-Power Blob w/ Eviscerator Priest: 225
Not alot of experience with the PW Blob, I prefer parking lot AV12.

Plasma Vets: 115 Give them Gren Doctrine, they survive longer as well as Vet Sgt Plasma Pistol.

Vendetta: 130 Love them with the Plasma Vets, combined with Stormtroopers, you can effectively advance 6 units to get to their line by turn 1. (3 Vendettas w/ Vets and 3 Stormtroopers Chimeras)

So I've got six AV 12 vehicles, and two blobs. I think my gameplan would be to deploy the Chimeras in front, and send the melta forward first to take out vehicles. Blah Blah melta stormtroopers scout to have a 32" melta threat blah blah. The blob will follow with overhead support from the Vendettas, which can hop over to drop off some plamsa doom if something heavy threatens the blob.

Fire away!

All in all, it isn't trying too much. I run mine as an Advanced Recon team.

Smotku
01-11-2011, 09:47 PM
I see this list running the risk of extending some units too far and getting eaten up in detail. especially by a mobile elite army. like some marine varients or eldar.
for example at BA at 1500

Mephiston
8 sterngurd in rhino w sang priest assorted combi plasm/melta
10 RAS pf inf pstl pf 2 melta sang prist w/jp
5 assault in land raider
Baal pred tlac hflamer
5 man dev with ml

With proper deployment your chimeras wont get there 1st turn so all the fire power can focus on your vendettas and this has flexibilty enough to move shoot and counter assault. You could build something similar with Eldar.

Are the blobs gonna support the vewts and Stormtroopers some how?

Sandman2663
01-12-2011, 06:02 AM
I see this list running the risk of extending some units too far and getting eaten up in detail. especially by a mobile elite army. like some marine varients or eldar.
for example at BA at 1500

Mephiston
8 sterngurd in rhino w sang priest assorted combi plasm/melta
10 RAS pf inf pstl pf 2 melta sang prist w/jp
5 assault in land raider
Baal pred tlac hflamer
5 man dev with ml

With proper deployment your chimeras wont get there 1st turn so all the fire power can focus on your vendettas and this has flexibilty enough to move shoot and counter assault. You could build something similar with Eldar.

Are the blobs gonna support the vewts and Stormtroopers some how?

True about proper deployment and how it can mitigate the Scout moves. The same list can also outflank...

I play Blood Angels as well as Imperial Guard. I playtest against the other often and your list is close to my 1500 list minus Sternguard.

There is enough Plasma/LasC that Mephiston won't be an issue..he can't hide all game and he won't stay in CC more than a turn vs IG. Assuming he has a Commie in the Power Blob...BA will have a tough road to tow.
You have 2-3 troops (small) squads...in 1500...not enough core for Blood Angels.
Blood Angels are good but they are not Gods.

Every list has its counters, but the person standing at the table makes or breaks a list and the ensuing game.

ElCheezus
01-12-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm not familiar enough with BA to toss out counters to what you've shown me, but most importantly I'll tackle the ideas I see.

You can deny some of my alpha strike potential by interfering with Scouts moves. That's true. Of course, if you put a unit in the way of my meltas to keep them from your vehicles, they've nominated themselves as a target which might still be worth shooting. Ultimately, your deployment can disturb plan "A", but that doesn't make the list a bad one, it just means I need to plaly around it.

And yes, the blob will support the rest of the army. The Troopers might go for choice turn 1 targets, but the rest of the army would be advancing together. The vets sit in the Vendettas until there's a target of opportunity, they don't just zoom forward turn 1 leaving the rest of the army behind.

That said, I hear you. In playing I might find that the differences in mobility might end up being an obstacle, so I'll watch out for that. I think it's something I can learn to play around, though, and the list is stronger for its diversity as long as I don't run off willy-nilly with units scattered across the board.

Instead of dreaming up counters, do you have actual criticism of the list? Ultimately, what are you trying to say needs changing, or are you just tyring to say "my list can beat yours?"

Smotku
01-12-2011, 07:31 PM
yeah I kinda got off topic I was thinking that your blob squads didnt fit in and that you could use some staic fire support. I understand the recon nature of the unit but maybe some heavy weapons or an artillery piece or a basic Russ. I actually like the list I think vet squads are great.

My point was that it seems that you could ignore about a third of your army for 2 or 3 turns . Of course it all depends who is playing it. All of my experience regarding IG is soley as an opponent. My opinion is just based on my experiences with what has brought me pain. i dont know the IG codex well enough to more specific. IF you are a really good player then my list would only beat yours once in a while;)