PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angels ideas

Duke
08-28-2009, 01:35 PM
Ok, so I have been playing more games with my BA lately and I have a list-efficency question.

- Normally I use VAS with 3 LClaws and 3 BP, CCW in conjunction with the Dante/ Corbulo bomb. However, lately I am seeing that wound allocation is sucking my Lclaw attacks onto one guy while the BP/CCW are sent out to other people who make the saves.

-What I was thinking is changing one or both VAS for Honour guard, I can get almost all of them to use power weps and if they are in the rhino I can give 2 more apoth. saves. (Old apoth rules) I can also take the chapter Banner which makes things even more fun.

What does everyone think on HG vs VAS?

-Duke

mkerr
08-28-2009, 05:41 PM
What I was thinking is changing one or both VAS for Honour guard, I can get almost all of them to use power weps and if they are in the rhino I can give 2 more apoth. saves. (Old apoth rules) I can also take the chapter Banner which makes things even more fun.

In my Dante/Corbulo army, I use a jump pack Honor Guard with BA Chapter Banner, Sanguinary Priest and 2 Power Weapons. They are almost always the stars of the game. The BA Chapter Banner and and extra Exsanguinator alone are really worth it.

People always underestimate my Honor Guard the first time we play (focusing all of their shots on my DC -- which can take a lot, thanks to FNP and two Exsanguinators nearby), making them a really fun RTT army.

-- mkerr

Duke
08-31-2009, 10:56 AM
So, I tried the Honour guard yesterday and all I can say is holy crap! They came down with 5 attacks each on the charge (2+1 BP CCW+1 Charge+1 Chapter banner) with preffered enemy and Furious charge they caused 13 power weapon wounds against a bezerker squad, it was great watching my friend cringe... Honour guard for the win.

As far as modelling I think im going to use the masters of the chapter plus an Emp champion to represent the Honour guard.

Mkerr: What are your thoughts of the Death Co. Ven Furioso? Also, what do you think of my list... please give any suggestions

2000 pts list

Dante
Corbulo

Honour Guard
techmarine, Banner, 2x p weps. apoth.
razorback (TL HVy bolter)

Honour guard
Same

Assault squad: (6 man)
power weapon
razorback (TL Hvy bolter)
- Corbulo rides with them