PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts foot Eldar avenger list

Mattas
01-14-2011, 03:00 AM
Here’s a footdar avenger list I’ve made based on the “theory” from this (http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2010/10/40k-building-themed-army.html) post on BoLS
Do you think it’s too much spam?
Will it make it in a tourney?
Would you like to play against this list?
Please respond ^^

HQ
Asurmen – 230
Eldrad – 210

ELITES
5x Scorpions– 127
Exarch, claw, shadowstrike

TROOPS
10x Avengers – 152
Exarch, dual catapults, bladestorm

10x Avengers – 167
Exarch, dual catapults, bladestorm, defend

10x Avengers – 172
Exarch, diresword, bladestorm, defend

10x Avengers – 177
Exarch, shimmershield, bladestorm, defend

10x Avengers – 177
Exarch, shimmershield, bladestorm, defend

HEAVY
Wraithlord – 155
Missile launcher, bright lance, 2x flamers

Wraithlord – 155
Missile launcher, bright lance, 2x catapults

Wraithlord – 155
Missile launcher, bright lance, flamer, catapult

Splug
01-14-2011, 12:37 PM
It is, without question, spamtastic - but that's kind of what's going to happen with an army where your theme is a specific unit.

Leadership and mech will be your biggest problems. You don't have any vehicles to hide in, so you are always a few heavy bolter rounds away from testing to fall back. One squad will be fearless courtesy of Asurmen. Your long range anti-mech includes 6 S8 shots, some with the lance rule, some without. Your short range anti-mech includes exactly the same, plus 9 S10 MC attacks on the charge. If someone wants to hide in rhinos all game, they're very likely to get the chance. That said, you have an amazing amount of small arms fire with that many bladestorming avengers... so against a hybrid or infantry heavy list you should fare quite well.

The Avatar fixes a lot of problems for you. It would fit the list competitively far better than Asurmen, but it would compromise the theme slightly. If you want to keep Asurmen, I'd go so far as to say even Eldrad may be lower priority than the Avatar. You can't doom troops that are still in a vehicle, and whatever you fortune just means a different squad gets shot instead... though without fortune, the Avatar himself may not last long.

Unfortunately, I do believe it will be difficult in the current metagame to build an army that is themed around squads that handle transports poorly. Massed Dire Avengers would work better as a mechanized list, since the wave serpents themselves have at least a few extra AT shots.

davel
01-14-2011, 03:11 PM
I think Harlies may be a better option than scorps as your DA multiple blade storms should cut horde to size.
Harlies though expensive are hard to target from range and army that considers /scorps banshee a threat will blast them apart.

A shadow seer is a psyker so also works well with your wraith wall

flamers for wraith lords can't think of a situation were you woudl shoot them over your heavy weapons.

hope that helps

Dave l