PDA

View Full Version : 1000pt Ork Fast Attack

Redhat
01-18-2011, 09:42 AM
This is my first attempt at making a fast attack list and we are having a tournament soon so any and all feedback is welcome. I normally run against Blood Angles and Daemons but we have also have people who play Necrons, Tau, and more Orks. The list totals 999 points.

Big Mek, KFF

12 Boyz, Nob - PK, BP
-Trukk, Red, Ram

12 Boyz, Nob - PK, BP
-Trukk, Red, Ram

12 Boyz, Nob - PK, BP
-Trukk, Blue, Ram

3 Nobz
-Powerklaw, Bosspole
-Kombi-Rokkit, ammo runt
-Trukk, Red, Ram

5 Burna Boyz
-Battlewagon, Red, Deffrolla, Big Shoota

1 Deffkopta
-Twin-linked Rokkit Launcha, Buzzsaw

Billyjoeray
01-18-2011, 11:00 AM
It's a cool list, I really like running lists like this with my orks although i usually play with more battlewagons because I love ork tanks. However, some advice from a fellow Ork:
1)If you are going to run your Nobs unit that small and without a painboy, you're better off just taking meganobs. They are cheaper in terms of points and they can all get the same upgrades that you have. I would drop the rokkits thought. They are hitting on 5s and they are only one shot besides the situation in which they would get to use them is rare(remember you have to assault what you shoot). I would give them combi skorchas instead so that you can pour the hurt on hordes as well as elite units.
2) You should also drop the trukk for the nobs and put them in the Battlewagon and replace the burna boys with Lootas to take care of enemy vehicles. Lootas are AMAZING and if you give your nobz skorchas you have plenty of flame to make them "DO THE BURNY DANCE"
3)Also, You might want to consider just dropping the Deffkopta's Rocket and using it as a turn 1 alpha strike CC attack on a Vehicle. Some people like rockets, but I find that they don't ever hit when I need them too and that the points are often better spent elsewhere.
4) Finally, if you can find the points a throwaway unit of gretchen are great for holding home field objectives and they are really cheap at around 40 points for a unit of 10 (on top of being a really cheap kit). They make your opponent have to worry about how he is going to get those scoring units off of your objective while you are slapping him in the face with trukk loads of boyz and nobz. The only downside is the fact that they are somewhat of a liability in KP missions. In these cases I find it best to hold them in reserve and hope they don't come in right away and if they do just run them up into cover and go to ground if anything looks at them too hard.