PDA

View Full Version : right i'am a noob in need of help with WOC 500pts

oldone
08-29-2009, 11:50 AM
right as i only get a hour or so normally for a game of warhammer while i learning the rules i need a small army to start off with so here what i got so far but i lossed my first game to wood elfs.

500pts
choas sorcerer 85 + M.O.N. 20 pts = 115

10 choas marauders 40 + shields 10 + light armour 10 + great weapons 10 = 70

5 chaos knights 200 + M.O.N 30 + knight champion 20 + standard bearer 20 + banner of rage 35 + musician 10= 315

so this is what a got so far i was wondering if any one could help me just by give a few points or even call me a idoits for the choce i made as they should help me in some way.:D

VinceBlack
08-29-2009, 11:55 PM
That's tough I think the knights are just too expensive in a 500 point game to justify. Might try 25 man blocks of decked out marauders with a warrior hero leading. Add a 5 man unit of marauder horsemen for fast cavalry to skirt edges and if you want punching power to make up for the knights throw in a chariot. It is very killy, threatens flanks and is considerably cheaper.

Randroid
08-30-2009, 09:24 AM
I disagree. Having seen a unit of Nurgle marked Knights in a 500pt game ... wow. They can really wreck stuff.

I would run something like this:

Chaos Sorcerer 176
+ biting blade
+ level 2
+ chaos steed
+ spell familiar
+ mark of nurgle

5 Chaos Knights 240
+ mark of nurgle
+ musician

10 Marauders 44
+ musician

10 Marauders 40

Total: 500/500

Pretty straight forward - Sorc joins the Knights, hopefully kills off some of the enemy troops on the way in, Marauders guard the Knight unit's flanks, crush kill and destroy for the win.

oldone
08-30-2009, 09:30 AM
right i thought about it and heres a list with some changes
20 marauders 80 + MoS 10 + shields 20 + light armour 20 + full command 20 = 150
choas chariot 120
5 marauder horsemen 65 + mark of nurgle 30 + chieftain 12 + sheilds 5 + spears 5 + musician 4 = 121
chaos sorcerer 85 + MoN 20 = 105

so what do think i think this is an ok list i'll play test it first then i may change the sorcerer for more horsemen but right now i just try this now

Randroid
08-30-2009, 11:19 AM
I don't like the list but to each their own!

Not much point in paying that much for Marauders to give them a 4+ AS that will likely be negated. The only thing in your list with real killing potential is the chariot and it won't have much support aside from the Horsemen.

VinceBlack
09-02-2009, 10:23 AM
I don't like the list but to each their own!

Not much point in paying that much for Marauders to give them a 4+ AS that will likely be negated. The only thing in your list with real killing potential is the chariot and it won't have much support aside from the Horsemen.

have to dissagree about the 4+ armor saves. Normally I would agree that 4+ generally gets negated but in a 500 point game mauraders with 4+ saves and FCS has a good likeylyhood of winning combats or at least bogging down units long enough to get the flank. Its the cheap price of the mauraders, 6pts, that makes them good. I just wonder how powerful a unit the opponent will bring to the table in such a small game? I personally believe that the WoC will be more effective at a low point cost with more bodies that are survivable so the 4+ should help do that job.

bigmackdadd
09-02-2009, 08:08 PM
I play chaos and my 500 pt list is just 25 marauders (shields, full command, light armor) 20 marauders(flails, command, Mark of zeench) Wulyfrik the wanderer, and if you want you can add another marauder to the 20 block and make it an even 500 my army is 495 and has alot of guys, it is just marauders though, and you will have nice relatively decent troops that can stand up to anything but a gunline

oldone
09-03-2009, 04:34 PM
i got a game next week so i thinking of useing the list with the chariot but one of my freinds siad i shulod take out the chieftien for horsemen and mauder unit. to get a second chariot but i can't work out the points for it