PDA

View Full Version : 1500 point Pure Deathwing Army

He who shall not be named
01-20-2011, 01:49 PM
Hey guys i was wondering what you guys thought about this Deathwing list.

HQ:
Belial--sword and storm bolter 130
Interrogator Chaplain in Terminator Armour 145

Troops:
5 Deathwing Terminators w/ Lightning claws, Cyclone missile launcher, banner and Medic 290

5 Deathwing terminators w/ lightning claws, and Cyclone missile launcher 235

5 Deathwing Terminators w/ 4 guys w/ Thunder hammers, and 1 guy w/ assault cannon and chainfist 250

5 Deathwing Terminators w/ cyclone missile launcher and chainfist 240

5 Deathwing Terminators w/ Cyclone missile launcher 235

total- 1505

I run this list with the two shooty squads deployed with one on the objective and the other walking across the board. The other three squads ( w/ belial and the chaplain in the command squad) deepstrike 1st turn near the enemy.

Tell me what you guys think.

MasterGideon
01-20-2011, 02:32 PM
Erm your 5 Points over, but that a minor thing.

I take it your walking with Deathwing? you will get short to ribbons, I know I have tried to walk my deathwing over the board, and if the cover bad your doomed.

My working list atm is

Belial TH/SS

Deathwing Command Squad (3xTH/SS, 1xLC, 1xSB/PW, Apothecary, Cyclone)

Deathwing Squad (3xTh/SS, 1xLC, 1SB/PW, Cyclone)

Deathwing Squad (3xTh/SS, 1xLC, 1SB/PW, Cyclone)

Land Raider Crusader W/Extra Armour

Land Raider W/Extra Armour

Predator AC/HB w/Dozer Blade & Storm Bolter

thats 1500pits dead on

but that just my opion, I dont like relaying on the set up of the board to give me cover, and raiders do just fine at making cover.

MasterGideon

thecactusman17
01-20-2011, 03:46 PM
I think Deathwing termies can split freely between lightening claws and thunder hammers, right? So put a pair of hammers in each assault terminator squad to intercept AP2 weapons. If you can put TH/SS in EVERY squad, then drop the chainfists and load up on TH/SS to really hurt on vehicles. This will give all your squads a really nice mix of survivability, anti-armor, and assault.

Tynskel
01-20-2011, 04:49 PM
for the lightning claw squad, I recommend a delivery method. Land Raiders usually do well. I'd also take a chainfist hv flamer in the Lightning claw squad instead of a cyclone.

01-20-2011, 06:03 PM
First off thanks for the responses you guys.

Gideon, i do believe you are spot on when you say that i need some transportation and cover and to that end i think a land raider would be worth it (also since its not a competitive atmosphere my friend and i normally agree that going 5 points over is ok). Cactus man, i like your thinking when you say that i should split up the t-hammers between the two assault squads and i think i'll do that. Mr. tynskel like i said above i do believe that Having a land raider in the list is a good delivery system for the command squad.

Tyrsday
01-24-2011, 09:42 AM
What's worked pretty well for me is to have Belial with the TH/SS with each squad taking 2/3 TH/SS's for survivability 2/3 LC's for killyness and putting a cyclone on one of the TH/SS Termies for range. Not much shooting but is a major beatstick, especially if you Deathwing assault everything right in your opponent's face.