PDA

View Full Version : Whee! Blood Angels 2500

Tynskel
01-22-2011, 11:41 AM
HQ 840
225 Dante
275 Sanguinor
340 Honour Guard
4 Storm Shields, 2 Meltaguns, Thunder Hammer, Lightning Claw, Jump Packs, Chapter Banner

TROOPS 1135
250 Assault Squad
10 Marines, 2 Meltaguns, Infernus Pistol, Powerfist
250 Assault Squad
10 Marines, 2 Meltaguns, Infernus Pistol, Powerfist
225 Assault Squad
10 Marines, 2 Flamers, Hand Flamer, Power Weapon
200 Sanguinary Guard
210 Sanguinary Guard
Powerfist

ELITES 325
75 Sanguinary Priest
Jump Pack
75 Sanguinary Priest
Jump Pack
175 Furioso
Librarian, Might of Heros, Shield of Sanguinius

Hv Support
200 Stormraven
Multi-Melta, Lascannon

Connjurus
01-22-2011, 07:17 PM
I like it, I like it a lot. Good amount of infantry, the Honour Guard is nice and tough, and of course the Sanguinary Guard are always awesome.

Kinda looked like the army I originally wanted to build with Dante and the Sanguinor before I settled on a build focused around Astorath's Red Thirst. :P

Smotku
01-23-2011, 10:34 AM
I also like this list. I have never played the Sanguinary guard so wondering if they are worth the points. Also Why not give the libby furioso wings? to get where it is most usful? I might drop one of the Sang guard squads for a DC w/o jp to put in the storm raven. Are you gonna primarily use this as a DOA army or deploy on the field?

Connjurus
01-23-2011, 12:03 PM
I also like this list. I have never played the Sanguinary guard so wondering if they are worth the points. Also Why not give the libby furioso wings? to get where it is most usful? I might drop one of the Sang guard squads for a DC w/o jp to put in the storm raven. Are you gonna primarily use this as a DOA army or deploy on the field?

Sanguinary guard are troops in a Dante list with a 2+ armor save - pretty cool. Make'em go to ground in cover and you'll be pretty good.

Also, he probably didn't get it wings because he's probably putting it with the SRGS.

Tynskel
01-24-2011, 05:50 PM
I was avoiding the Death Company, because of Sanguinor– The 'Angelic Host', as opposed to the Grim Reaper (Astorath).

The Libby Dread is hanging with the Stormraven, and one of the Sanguinary Guard squads and a Priest were going to ride in the Stormraven. This 'squadron' goal was to be a 'reserve' reinforcement-- ie, it is more likely the rest of the army will come in before the Stormraven. I also wanted a squad to be able to project power from a 'safe' surrounding. Ex, the sanguinary guard can disembark, move 12" and assault, and the Stormraven can move 12" in a different direction, disembarking the Dreadnought and assaulting.

My big issue with the list is that the only armor is the Stormraven (and the dread), and in 2500 points, there will be a lot of Hv Weapons aiming at that bird----

any suggestions how to mitigate this issue?

Also, would dropping a sanguinary guard squad for a Vanguard Veteran Squad be a 'good' idea?

lowdog
01-25-2011, 11:02 AM
My big issue with the list is that the only armor is the Stormraven (and the dread), and in 2500 points, there will be a lot of Hv Weapons aiming at that bird----

any suggestions how to mitigate this issue?

Also, would dropping a sanguinary guard squad for a Vanguard Veteran Squad be a 'good' idea?

Maybe eliminate armor entirely by swapping out the SR and the dread for a Vanguard squad? No psychic defense but you've really nerfed your opponent's anti-mech point allocation. Then you've got almost 4 hammer units (I'm still classifying naked Sanguinary guard as a mini-death star), before you even get into your vanilla Assault squads. Between the Honor Guard and the Vanguards the Sang Guard might not even take much fire as the "lesser threat".