PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Pure Sisters for a small 16 man qualifier

Requiemnex
01-23-2011, 06:07 PM
Canoness - 125
Jump Pack, Eviscerator, Inferno Pistol, Mantle of Ophelia, Cloak of St. Aspira, Book of St. Lucius

Sisters of Battle x10 - 211
Flamer, Heavy Flamer
-Veteran Sister Superior
Bolter, Brazier of the Holy Flame, Book of St. Lucius
-Rhino
Smoke Launchers, Search Light

Sisters of Battle x10 - 211
Flamer, Heavy Flamer
-Veteran Sister Superior
Bolter, Brazier of the Holy Flame, Book of St. Lucius
-Rhino

Sisters of Battle x10 - 228
Melta Gun x2
-Veteran Sister Superior
Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol, Book of St. Lucius
-Rhino

Seraphim x8 - 246
Inferno Pistols x2
-Veteran Sister Superior
Eviscerator, Book of St. Lucius

Exorcist - 150

Exorcist - 150

Exorcist - 150

TOTAL - 1426

I have no idea what to do with the points left over, I also am debating on changing the VSS weapon load out for the melta squad.. Any critiques would be greatly appreciated.

Tynskel
01-23-2011, 06:54 PM
for your extra points, ditch one sister from a Sister Battle Squad, and add character to the squad. Now you will have 2 characters, one for supporting your flying squad, and one for handling ground.

I can't help but state, I like the Blessed Weapon. However, if you are really planning on using the Seraphim as anti-tank buster, I think adding a ton of meltabombs will do the trick. It is 32 points for the Melta Bombs, and it will put them from being most likely blow up tank to killing tank. Although, 2 Eviscerators probably does the trick, too.

Also, a 4+ invulnerable would be good for your canoness-- you still have plenty of wargear points of wiggle room to add the 25 point piece of wargear.

Personally, of all the additions I have listed, I like this one the best:
In the Sisters Meltagun Squad: Drop one Sister--+11 Points, you have 85 points to spend. Add a Priest, eviscerator, and power armor. this guy is 75 points. If you ditch the plasma pistol in the squad, you can get an eviscerator for the sister superior. You could either keep the Power Weapon, or exchange it for something else. This will give you 2 'hidden' powerfists that re-roll to hit on the charge.
Now, if you are trying to stick to all sisters: exchange the plasma pistol for an eviscerator, and take a Paltine with eviscerator and infernus pistol. This will add another faith point.

Requiemnex
01-23-2011, 08:14 PM
for your extra points, ditch one sister from a Sister Battle Squad, and add character to the squad. Now you will have 2 characters, one for supporting your flying squad, and one for handling ground.

I can't help but state, I like the Blessed Weapon. However, if you are really planning on using the Seraphim as anti-tank buster, I think adding a ton of meltabombs will do the trick. It is 32 points for the Melta Bombs, and it will put them from being most likely blow up tank to killing tank. Although, 2 Eviscerators probably does the trick, too.

Also, a 4+ invulnerable would be good for your canoness-- you still have plenty of wargear points of wiggle room to add the 25 point piece of wargear.

Personally, of all the additions I have listed, I like this one the best:
In the Sisters Meltagun Squad: Drop one Sister--+11 Points, you have 85 points to spend. Add a Priest, eviscerator, and power armor. this guy is 75 points. If you ditch the plasma pistol in the squad, you can get an eviscerator for the sister superior. You could either keep the Power Weapon, or exchange it for something else. This will give you 2 'hidden' powerfists that re-roll to hit on the charge.
Now, if you are trying to stick to all sisters: exchange the plasma pistol for an eviscerator, and take a Paltine with eviscerator and infernus pistol. This will add another faith point.

I like your alternative gear ideas but there is a Min sister squad of 10.. You can not buy a squad with under 10 models. So you can not add the IC. Otherwise this would be an amazing idea and exploitable in terms of the priest's special rules.

thecactusman17
01-24-2011, 02:44 AM
What's on the Exorcists to make them 150 points? Whatever it is, it isn't worth it. They need smoke and maybe extra armor at most, nothing more. D6 S8 AP1 will clear out anything the extra gear could even faster and well, a good offense is the best defense.

Jump Pack Canoness: Hope you aren't going to put her in with the Seraphim. So many players do this and completely fail to comprehend the squad design. An attached canoness is a huge liability to seraphim, who lose the Hit and Run rule if she joins them. Being that the utterly ridiculous hit-and-run is what makes Seraphim so good, you can't afford to lose it by having an underperforming character in the squad.

Also: Mantle of Ophelia--why? The second she dies, you get two faith points which will do far more for your army than making a perfectly expendable model last an extra wound in CC. Your character has a 2+ invulnerable save on command! Use it when you need her to survive, otherwise you are just looking for that perfect moment to let her die and have the enemy models stumble over themselves as they emerge on your turn into a hail of gunfire.