PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld Lord of Change

mountaincycle661
08-29-2009, 08:58 PM
So, several months ago a sneak peek photo was captured at a Games Day showing a work in progress sculpt of the Forgeworld Lord of Change. I have a few comments/questions to bring to table and would like to know what everyone thinks about the subject.

The caption to go along with it mentioned that it would be released around christmas season. has anyone heard any more updates on this? Anything at all?

Also, word was that the sculptor was working on the project "on his spare time". Am i the only one that thinks they should be putting a bit of a higer priority on this?

Abominable Plague Marine
08-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Well seeing as it wasn't included in Seige of Vraks III it may get released on its own without any rules support untill the next book. Carn't wait to see it finished though!

vman
08-29-2009, 10:26 PM
oh lord, so is there going to be a seige of vraks 4?

ohh man can we move on from imperial and chaos ffs...

I mean i collect both but im a bit over it.. APM im not flaming u at all mate im just saying im over vraks, dkok, chaos for the time being

I look forward to seeing the new Lord of change however.

DuskRaider
08-29-2009, 10:37 PM
Siege of Vraks Part III saw an end to the battle, so no... No Part IV. I have heard that at some point, there will be a book(s) concerning Slaanesh and Tzeentch, just don't know when. And I wouldn't count on the Lord of Change being done anytime soon. From what I remember, the sculptor has been pulled from the project and is currently working on other things I believe for WETA?).

Harry
08-30-2009, 01:06 AM
This is true. The sculptor, Daniel Cockersell, has gone to NZ to work for Weta workshops where he is now a senior sculptor. I imagine they keep him pretty busy so I wouldn't hold my breath for him to finish this project in a big hurry.

vman
08-30-2009, 02:28 AM
Mmmm fair enough. Sideshow/WETA do some pretty cool stuff.

j-orge-287
08-30-2009, 06:45 AM
I can't wait to see a resin lord of change because all the other forge world daemons are awesome. This stuff about WETA is also interesting because (if you din't know) they did all of the sculpts for masks, trolls and sometimes even sets for Lord of the Rings.
Another siege of vraks book will be annoying for me though. I want the writers to move on to another project like a book for the Eldar and Necrons because the Necrons have only the pylon. Maybe they should make resin C'tan with the Lord of Change.

icecube
08-30-2009, 07:00 AM
There is not going be an " Siege of Vraks: Part 4". Rumours say that the next imperial armour will have orks and perhaps eldar or some other guard( maybe ellysians).

FirstLegion
08-30-2009, 07:29 AM
We've heard that the finished LoC is actually going to be previewed ot GD: UK next month. I'm REALLY hoping that's true.

mountaincycle661
08-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Holy crap, i REALLY hope its being previewed at GD:UK. Its about time.

Furthermore, i doubt forgeworld would just scrap all the work that Cockersell did and chose to start over just because he left for greener pastures. From the looks of what he had done thus far, it was a pretty sick model.

ac4155
08-30-2009, 04:09 PM
does anyone have any pics of the lord of change model or links to any pics?

thanks
ac

person person
08-30-2009, 06:03 PM
Yup.

I hear the next Ia book is orks and Elysians too.

mountaincycle661
08-30-2009, 07:58 PM
oh COME ON!! LOOK AT THAT THING! ITS SO AWESOME MY HEAD IS EXPLODING!

but seriously, what the hell forgeworld! whats taking so long?! That thing should be running through the presses right now, if you ask me...

FirstLegion
08-30-2009, 08:41 PM
To be honest, Bigred and I have discussed the FW LoC quite a bit in the last month or so. We guess they will follow the same pattern and he will be 999 points. Considering how insanely powerful An'ggrath the Unbound is at 888 points.... the abilities of a sorceror like a 999 point LoC would have to be completely insane!

mountaincycle661
08-31-2009, 03:07 PM
To be honest, Bigred and I have discussed the FW LoC quite a bit in the last month or so. We guess they will follow the same pattern and he will be 999 points. Considering how insanely powerful An'ggrath the Unbound is at 888 points.... the abilities of a sorceror like a 999 point LoC would have to be completely insane!

Agreed! my hope is that he'll be so insanely powerful and beautiful to behold, that just on his own he will make up for all the neglect and bull$hit rules that GW has thrown to us tzeentchian players. (i mean really...thousand sons, as cool as they are, suck hard). The FW LoC will be so uber-potent, it will be like a big ol' magic-packed present from GW with a card on it that reads:

"dear tzeentch and/or thousand sons player,
We're so sorry your faction has always got the $hit end of the stick when it comes to rules. We're sorry about making your models way too expensive and a total waste of points. We're sorry that thousand sons cannot compete or even hold a candle to the other cult factions. Please accept this horribly potent, ridiculously broken, retardedly powerful super lord of change as a token of our gratitude for stickin' with the architect of fate. Thanks."

person person
08-31-2009, 03:24 PM
The LoC should come with that instead of a certificate of authenticity. :D

Katie Drake
08-31-2009, 10:21 PM
"dear tzeentch and/or thousand sons player,
We're so sorry your faction has always got the $hit end of the stick when it comes to rules. We're sorry about making your models way too expensive and a total waste of points. We're sorry that thousand sons cannot compete or even hold a candle to the other cult factions. Please accept this horribly potent, ridiculously broken, retardedly powerful super lord of change as a token of our gratitude for stickin' with the architect of fate. Thanks."

And then nobody will play you. Sad face.

Mkvenner
08-31-2009, 10:43 PM
And then nobody will play you. Sad face.

Someone has some piss and vinegar in them. lol

As for the tzeentch side of chaos, alot of their stuff is really good if used correctly. You pay for what you get if you as me.

xynoq
09-01-2009, 01:58 PM
just showed some friends those pics... they almost crapped MY pants...

Wolvychops
09-01-2009, 03:07 PM
its seems that Forgworld is really keen on trying to bring most of their models to coincide with books they are ether working on or are planning.

So maybe the delay has been due to this as it didn't quite fit in with the last 3 books.

We have heard rumors of an Ork focused book possibly with other chaos, but my money would be on an Eldar v Chaos book, and an Ork book all to their own (like AI 1 and 2)

GDUK will be the definitive answer on their question. If we see it there, look for it around xmas. If not, it may be next year.

mountaincycle661
09-01-2009, 11:22 PM
yeeeahhh...when is Games Day UK anyways? im super anxious to learn more about this model...

mysterex
09-02-2009, 03:22 AM
This is true. The sculptor, Daniel Cockersell, has gone to NZ to work for Weta workshops where he is now a senior sculptor. I imagine they keep him pretty busy so I wouldn't hold my breath for him to finish this project in a big hurry.
An frankly, Wellington, NZ is such a nice place to live:D

ac4155
09-02-2009, 05:30 AM
games day UK is on the 27th of September.

trenchfoot
09-02-2009, 05:39 AM
Being that WETA does the masks and sets for LOTR.....then how about a mask of a Lord of Change....Come on...You know you want one.

MetalStorm4786
09-02-2009, 06:48 AM
If this thing ends up looking anywhere as good as the other Greater Daemons that FW put out this will be great! Although I did end up using Green Stuff to make another cloth for the backside of the Slaanesh FW Daemon. The full moon on the back of that model took away from how great it looked because all anyone did was laugh at it or giggle at it. Oh, well.

Harry
09-19-2009, 01:05 AM

Opps! Apparently I was wrong and Mr . BushidoRedPanda was correct. It IS finished.

Warmaster Horus
09-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Mark Bedford told me last year that he'd been working on the master mould - I'm hoping to see some progress tomorrow - I will let you know what he says!:)

mountaincycle661
09-26-2009, 08:43 PM
Mark Bedford told me last year that he'd been working on the master mould - I'm hoping to see some progress tomorrow - I will let you know what he says!:)

Dude! Yes! Send me news of progress! Mark Bedford is a sculpting GOD. If he's working on it with Cockersell, theres just no WAY the lord of change will look bad.

I eagerly await news of this incredible (and ungodly expensive) model.

Prometheus
09-26-2009, 09:51 PM
Personally I am not a fan of the Lord of Change FW model. I don't know I think they skimped out on a huge oppurtunity to make some sweet chnaging skin textures and rippiling imagiens in its skin/eyes/whatnot and instead just made it basically a revamped version of the GW one only increased its size to bigger then that Blood Thirster to make it seem cooler.

personally I think the Nurgle Daemon is the best, then the Bloodthirster, follwed very closly by the Keeper of Secrets. All great models that I would be proud to own. I just perosnally think they copped out on the Lord of Change. Am I alone on this idea or do others also think the way I do?

Shadowseer
09-27-2009, 08:13 AM
heres the lord of change model

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss347/tyfus1/Dsc01711.jpg

DuskRaider
09-27-2009, 09:29 AM
I personally think it looks awkward and ugly. Those wings are crap.

person person
09-27-2009, 08:55 PM
Just another big bird...

Xas
09-28-2009, 02:42 AM
I think they should have made the wings in a "wrapped" stage. where the bird has them folded so they dont get in the way while he is fighting on foot.

the staff and morphing energy ball are cool!

but whatever ... I'm buying it it anyways and complete my gigantic tetragon of darkness.

I just now can foresee the buckets of whine that the rerollable 3+ invul backed up by a titanic t8 and buckload of woudns will generate :)

MaidenManiac
09-28-2009, 07:11 AM
It is too bland yea. I really hoped they would "space him out more" then they did.
The Morphing energyball is indeed cool, but on the whole this sadly feels more of a "cmon guys, we must do a Tzeentchian megadaemon too, can anyone please do it?"..."awkward silence"...model

Skragger
09-28-2009, 05:50 PM
I find it very difficult to take feathers in a 40K setting seriously.. (yeah, I'm looking at you too sisters of battle)

ssylyss
09-28-2009, 11:06 PM
I like the mini, but not the wings. I think the ultra forge Vrock mini is better looking, and half the price (I assume).

http://www.ultraforgeminiatures.com/index.html