PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Death Company

Dominic
01-26-2011, 10:58 AM
I wanted to create a small, fluffy fun list to play, here it is!

HQ

Astorath the Grim

Elites

Chaplin

Troops

x10 Death Company

Power Weapon
Power Fist
Hand-Flamer
Infernus Pistol

x10 Death Company

Power Weapon
Power Fist
Hand-Flamer
Infernus Pistol

Death-Company Dreadnought

Blood Talons

Death-Company Dreadnought

Blood Talons

Heavy Support

Storm-Raven

T/L Multi-Melta

Storm-Raven

T/L Multi-Melta

lowdog
01-26-2011, 11:08 AM
You do realize that in objective games you have to completely table your opponent to win right?

Dominic
01-26-2011, 11:12 AM
You do realize that in objective games you have to completely table your opponent to win right?

Yeah, I do; the point of this list is just to have fun with. I mean, just having 2 infantry squads, 2 dreads, and 2 SR isn't going to be overly competitive anyway.

blackarmchair
01-26-2011, 11:23 AM
Don't laugh. A player at my local GW runs an all DC list and while it certainly is not competitive, he has a lot more success than you'd think.

Death Company are nothing to scoff at, I wonder why they're not fielded more often...makes me miss the old BA pdf

Dezmo1218
01-26-2011, 11:39 AM
I love DC lists... I think they're an absolutely silly way to let the game play itself!

We have a local tournament coming up next month and I seriously considered playing an all-DC list just to be remembered. "Oh hi, I wanted to join the tourney but didn't actually want to play."

I think DC in Rhinos/Drop Pods are much nastier than the JP variety. At least then you have SOME semblance of control. And then of course there is the 15DC with a ton of upgrades/Chaplain in a Crusader. *shudder*

Dominic
01-26-2011, 11:47 AM
I love DC lists... I think they're an absolutely silly way to let the game play itself!

We have a local tournament coming up next month and I seriously considered playing an all-DC list just to be remembered. "Oh hi, I wanted to join the tourney but didn't actually want to play."

I think DC in Rhinos/Drop Pods are much nastier than the JP variety. At least then you have SOME semblance of control. And then of course there is the 15DC with a ton of upgrades/Chaplain in a Crusader. *shudder*

I agree, this was the motive behind the list; more of a "hi, I don't plan on winning, just to have fun". While they can be nasty in ground based transports (and if they were in Rhinos I could have probably added more DC) but I liked the idea of two DC SRs flying in on essentially a suicide mission.