PDA

View Full Version : IG/BA Ultimate 2v2 List!!

NobleSeven
01-29-2011, 09:40 PM
Normally I don't care about being competitive. Even at small, local tournaments.
However, there are a few "hardcore players" that have been hitting the tables and rolling people. Especially a lot of the new players.
There is a 2v2 tourney coming up and I have decided to take one of these new players under my wing as my partner- and hopefully bring the pain to the competitive players! Solid prize support doesn't hurt matters either! =)

So here is the deal- I need the sickest, nastiest most brutal 2v2 cheese lists imaginable when it comes to using IG and BA together. As well as an explanation of how the lists will work together and what their roles are. It is 2k combined (1k pts a piece.) I have access to any and all things IG- he has a decent amount of models- mainly DoA related things. But we can borrow what we need.

Here are the rules of the tourney-

MODELS AND POINTS:

1. Each player must bring an army consisting of 1000 points or fewer, in accordance
with these rules. Each team will consist of two players fighting together.

The Force Organization Chart will be split up into two parts as follows:

(Each player must take)
1 HQ
0-1 Elites
2-3 Troops
0-1 Fast Attack
0-1 Heavy Support

In addition, the two players on a team share three ‘floating’ selections, one each in Elites,
Fast Attack, and Heavy Support. Either player may use up to two of these floating slots,
but may not use the same slot as their partner. For example, Player A takes a second
Elites choice and a second Heavy Support choice. This means their partner, Player B,
may take a second Fast Attack choice as the third floating slot.

An exception to this is the mandatory choices for some armies. For example: "You must take this HQ at this many points." Those choices are allowed outside of these restrictions. Ex. Space Wolves.

2. All models must follow “What You See Is What You Get” (WYSIWYG). All
weapons, war gear, and so forth must be represented on the model.

3. Forge World Imperial Armor units (and army lists) may NOT be used.

4. If illegal units or other rules violations are found in a player’s army list, at a minimum,
the models in violation will be removed from all subsequent play. In addition,
tournament points may be deducted and/or award eligibility may be forfeited. If in doubt,
please ask for clarification in advance from a Battleground Tournament Organizer.

5. Teams are not integrated. You may not share tech (for example, using each others teleport homers, etc).

6. If a unit/wargear/ability says something to the effect of "choose a friendly unit/model" you may not select a teammates unit.

7. Necrons will never phase out.

The Missions used for the event will be straight from the 5th edition rule book and determined by the tournament organizer at the start of each round by dice roll.

NobleSeven
01-29-2011, 10:40 PM
So this is my first list idea. I'm over by 60 pts and I'm not sure where to slim it down. Is this a competitive list for the IG half of our 2v2?

Imperial Guard “The Either” - 1,060 (Over by 60) points

HQ

Company Command Squad w/ Chimera -3 x plasma guns
Chimera

Troops

Veterans w/ Chimera - 3 x meltaguns 155

Fast Attack

Vendetta +130

Heavy Support

Manticore Missile Launcher +160
Manticore Missile Launcher +160

newtoncain
01-29-2011, 10:57 PM
Dump the CCS and take a Primaris Pyker or Com Lord, us the extra points for HBS on vendettas and HS on Chimeras.

NobleSeven
01-29-2011, 11:40 PM
Thank you for the Suggestion.

Will this list have enough punch for 1k?
Granted- my partner will have 1k worth of Blood Angels to help fill in any weak points.

Any Blood Angel pros suggest a good list/units/characters for him to take to compliment my IG list?

Tynskel
01-30-2011, 07:55 AM
Sanguinor-- because that'll eat up your opponent's firepower, and it will beef up a troops squad sgt.

5 Death Company in a Razorback
Death Company Furioso
Assault Squad- sgt with Lightning Claws and Melta-Bombs, 2 Flamers--- WS5, 2 Wounds, I5, 4 Attacks (5 on the charge, 6 if sanguinor is nearby).
Sanguinary Priest with Jump Pack for the Elite.
Predator Destructor w/ Lascannon Sponsons

Hide the furioso behind the chimeras/razorback
DeepStrike the Assault Squad with the Priest and Sanguinor

Tynskel
01-30-2011, 08:17 AM
another option will be to go with Mephiston, and have him hide behind the chimeras.

NobleSeven
01-30-2011, 10:09 AM
Is Mephiston worth the points in a game like this?

Smotku
01-30-2011, 10:25 PM
Mephiston is well worth the points at this level. Although I have not run the Sanguinar, what Tynskel says makes sense. You cant deepstrike the Sanguinar with a squad however he i not an IC. Not sure if thats what he meant but even so dropping him the same turn will still be good.

I have used Mepiston exactly as he said in a 2v2 tourny when I was teamed up with an IG player. Keep him behind a vehicle until something comes within 18 incehes and then go kill it...then kill the next thing and the next and so on. He excels at it.

A little advice though from running these two armies together,watch out that you dont tie evey thing up in close combat so the IG cant shoot at it. The IG player ran a mini leaf blower style and I held up a turn or 2 and essentially counter attacked anything that came near...in the second and third games... that worked better than what happened in the first game. I dont know if that will be as much a problem with the vet heay list you have.

but yeah I firmly believe the Lord of Death lives up to his name at this points level but you got to keep him hidden or in close combat.

Tynskel
01-31-2011, 07:20 AM
I didn't mean deep strike Sanguinor with a squad, I meant deep strike him and the assault squad near each other.

That's exactly what I had in mind, which is why the list I gave only has a handful of guys. They are there to make sure the big guns keep firing.

plawolf
01-31-2011, 09:29 AM
Since the rules prevents partner players' units from benefiting from each other's buffing special rules, the best list should aim for synergies to help complement each other.

With a psyker battle squad, a BA Librarian with Fear of the dark is almost a must. Although tbh, Im not entirely sure how FotD would work (rules rise) with Weaken resolve.

FotD says all normal modifiers apply, so I'm guessing the two would stack, in which case you stand a good chance of breaking any none fearless unit he has.

For the second power, I would take shield if it is allowed as that would be a nice buff to your armoured wall if you have the Librarian nearby. I would think that it would be allowed, but you might want to check with the organizer beforehand, and if allowed, point that out to the opponents before the game starts.

If your partner is playing a mainly DoA list, then an astropath might be a good investment as DoA and +1 to reserve rolls should help him to get his units down asap.

From your list, it looks like you are going for the chimera car park approach am I right? If that's the case, than I think a good complementary BA list would be RAS razorback spam to add more armour to the mix. Maybe thrown in a 5 man vanguard vet squad with a couple PW/PF and a JP 5 man RAS squad or two, who would either DoA in the enemy's face, or hide behind the armour wall and counter charge anything that tries to get into CC.

If you want to take a CC monster, I would take the Sanguinor over old crazy eyes since the lack of Inv save, reliance on powers to get across the board and his sheer scariness means most competitive players should have a pretty good idea of how to shut him down or even kill him outright.

I just feel you get a more consistent performance from Golden nipple boy and he is not far behind Mephiston in killiness, and is often underestimated as your opponent is too busy breathing a sign of relief that Mephiston isn't on the table.

So an example razor spam list

HQ
Librarian - FotD and Shield
100pts

FA
Vanguard squad - TH(serg) and 2 PW

Landspeeder - Typhoon + HF

Troops
RAS 1 - Razor, las/plas or Asscan or TLLC depending
155pts

RAS 2 - Razor, las/plas or Asscan or TLLC depending
155pts

RAS 2 - Razor, las/plas or Asscan or TLLC depending
155pts

HS
Predator - LC sponsons
135pts

Total: 1000pts on the dot

The idea is to sit back and shoot with your guard (so CC doesn't block LoS to targets)

The Librarian (with the help of the PBS) scares away anything that gets in range, provides hood support and also casts shield to buff as many vehicles as he can reach.

If shield works on all friendies, the Chimera wall does first on account of the higher front armour and shorter range on the multilazer compared to the lascannon.

If it only works on BA, the Razors take from row, and Asscan or lasplas might be better.

Vangaurd DoA and HI charge the most dangerous unit the enemy has and should be able to put a huge dint in it if not kill it outright to take the pressure off the rest of your army.

The 15 RAS marines and Librarian will also serve as counter charge to make sure nothing can get into CC with your tanks without a serious fight first.

The Landspeeder sits at max range away from your armies and makes as much a nascence of itself as it can. Hopefully it will annoy them enough they send something to go and kill it, at which point you have taken it out of the game. If he doesn't kill it, it should have made up a good portion of its points near the end of the game, and you can always zoom him forwards to roast a squad from an objective.

Alternatively to the speeder, you can take a naked priest and have 40pts left. If you downgrade the vanguard TH to a PF, you can get a PW for each of your 3 RAS, which together with the priest, should give them a lot more oomph in CC.

Hope that helps.

ElCheezus
01-31-2011, 01:51 PM
So what I'm seeing here is that you should mix the long range firepower of the IG, with the CC brutality and crazy flexibility of the BA.

CCS, LasCannon, Vox Caster: 75

Veterans, LasCannon, Vox: 95
Veterans, LasCannon, Vox: 95

Vendetta, HB Sponsons: 140

Hydra: 75

910 points

Now, I don't usually promote Heavy Weaopns in Vet squads, and I don't usually like Vox Casters. But in this case I see that the IG list can dedicate itself solely to long-range firepower. The BA then can focus on CC and either protecting the gunline or going offensive against threats. Since they might be mixing it up with the opponent, you probably want to avoid blast weapons. It's okay to scatter onto a few guardsmen, but killing marines would be heresy!

With the extra point you could take a PBS or something else to compliment the BA section of the list, or help defend your firewpower. If needed, take the HB sponsons back off of the Vendettas for 30 more points. Heck, this might even be a time where camo cloaks for the Vets and the CCS might be worth it, since this list is dedicated to not moving very much and can hide in cover from the start.

If the BA stays around and defends the IG, they've got the mobility to retake the field after a few turns, and still be aggressive enough to take objectives if needed.