PDA

View Full Version : Black Templar, Legionary Tourn Army List

gcsmith
01-30-2011, 02:18 AM
Right guys after some fun with my wing list making, I decided Its time to make a competative legionary list.
Taking advice from other lists I decided to string something along and see wat people think.

So heres My 1500 point legionary List so far.

HQ:140
Emperors Champion with Accept any challange no matter the odds.

Elites*725*
Vendread, TWLC, Tank Hunters Drop Pod

Terminator squad, Tank hunters 2xcyclone.

Terminator Squad, Tankhunters 2xcyclone.

Troops *520*

5 initiates 4 neophytes, melta gun drop pod.

5 initiates meltagun drop pod

Currently there is 115 points left, However how to spend them is the key.
Got no elite slots, Not enough points for HQ really, so its between FA or HS.
So what do you guys think so far, and wat should I add?

Nikephoros
01-30-2011, 05:04 AM
You can save a 30 more points by switching AAC for Abhor, since you have almost no close combat ability to speak of it seems hardly worth it. Then drop one of your neophytes and add two MM/HF speeders.

gcsmith
01-30-2011, 06:21 AM
well Since my initiates will have CCW and BP they will have cc ability, but I see wat ur saying.

Tynskel
01-30-2011, 07:47 AM
I think you could drop a drop pod, move the 5 marines into another marine squad.

That'll free up another 50 points. At this point, you could add 2 Landspeeder Typhoons and some wargear.

gcsmith
01-30-2011, 08:27 AM
I prefer that idea tynskel, as it means one less to make. and while it drops me a Melta a Multi melta typoon could be useful.

Nikephoros
01-30-2011, 09:03 AM
I also don't understand why your ven dread is in a drop pod. TLLC with tank hunters wants to be about 48" away from it's target, not dropping in near it. That's another 30 points, 10 of which can go to giving it a missile arm.

gcsmith
01-30-2011, 09:17 AM
genearlly cus the rest of my army is dropping and its chance of surviving on its own is like 0 against certain armies.

Nikephoros
01-30-2011, 09:47 AM
So just give it a Multi-melta instead, and then you don't have to pay extra for venerable or tank hunters.

gcsmith
01-30-2011, 10:14 AM
well I reworked my list :P ty nike and Tynskel.

emperors champ with abhor the witch.

9 initiate with melta and power fist in a dp
5 initiates with 2 neos, meltagun in dp

Vendread with LC, Missle, heavy flamer, TH
5 termies with TH 2 cyclones

landspeeder typhoon with melta
landspeeder typhoon with melta

Nikephoros
01-30-2011, 10:34 AM
The dread can't have a heavy flamer if you give him the missile arm. I would also lose the melta on the Typhoons. You want them to be 48" away from enemy tanks, not melta range. Those points can buy fists for the other two crusader squads.

gcsmith
01-30-2011, 10:40 AM
I already have points for powerist for the squds, however, cheers about the flamer, gives me a couple of points to use, and I prefer melta to heavy bolter but Ill see, The melta gives me some extra 24" stuff.

gcsmith
02-04-2011, 08:23 AM
Well thinking of army lists, I tried to come up with something, Slighty more Templar. And possibly more competative.

emperors champ with AAC

9 initiate with melta and power fist in a dp
5 initiates with 1 neos, meltagun in dp

Land Raider Crusader
5 Assault Termies, FC

landspeeder typhoon
landspeeder typhoon

What do you guys think, I assume enough anti tank and enough anti infantry. Any Solutions, and which army list is best.

Tynskel
02-04-2011, 08:46 AM
Don't you need an HQ? I thought the Emperor's Champion does not take up an HQ slot.

gcsmith
02-04-2011, 09:00 AM
well acording to the FAQ it counts as the one u NEED whilst still not taking a slot, why all my other lists havnt had a hq.

gcsmith
02-05-2011, 11:28 AM
well on futher advice I decided to change the LRC for the cyclone terminators, that way I get the power of Assault Termies, slightly better than the dread I think.