PDA

View Full Version : 1k for club tourney

Dwarflord17404
01-30-2011, 06:12 PM
Alright we are having an iron man tourney and the point limit is 1k. It has to be painted and table top standard. We have a large amount of vetereans playing including myself. So here is what I came up with

1k Foot slogging Marine's

Capt Aggerman (K-osaro Khan)
makes all my units out flank( helps no transport)

Tact Squad 1
melta, multi-melta sgt has pwr weapon

Tact squad 2
Melta Missle Launcher sgt has combi -melta

Tact squad 3
melta and missle launcher sgt has melta bombs

Scout Squad
heavy bolter

5assult Terminators
Sgt has lighting claws squad has hammer and shield

So that is 41 marines. Missle launcher and 4 marines will provide fire base and possibly the scouts depending on the mission and oppenent . 2 comabt teams will out flank to grab objective's as wellas the 10 man "assault tactital". Assault termie's will also out flank or deep strike as needed. Aggerman (khan) my capt will counter charge provide leadership . So what do you think ?

Tynskel
01-30-2011, 06:22 PM
I think this list would be better with one or two transports for the Tacticals, maybe a storm for the scouts.

The rules for dedicated transports allow them to outflank with the squad onboard. Moving 12" onto the board and then disembarking to rapid-fire maybe more useful than moving on 6". especially since your standard board is 4x6, that's a lot of ground you have to cover on foot.

If your tournament is using the new Space Marine FAQ, you cannot split the squad, have one deploy on the board and the other into reserves– you can only split when then enter the board, or start on the board split.