PDA

View Full Version : 1750 Death Guard

ebolus
08-30-2009, 11:29 AM
For an upcoming tournament I have put together a couple of lists. This is one of them. Missions with lots of objectives or kill points. 1750. The idea is to be quite aggressive, as there is no long range fire power on my side of the table. What I think is sad is that I feel my lovely terminators are to expensive points wise. I have had great fun with lesser daemons but Ive problems finding space for them. My land raiders are hard and fun to play as well, but seriously cut model count. Two daemon princes is a must for me. (Have Typhus as well. But. You know why).

2x Daemon Prince, MoN, Wings, Warptime
4x7 Plague Marines, incl champ/fist, 2x meltaguns, rhino.
3x Vindicators (cheese?)
Total: 1749 points

:D

Abominable Plague Marine
08-31-2009, 03:57 AM
Looks like fun to me, good luck with the tournament and let us know how you go!

vman
08-31-2009, 04:42 AM
seems pretty solid
i love death guard

so simple and so powerful

ebolus
08-31-2009, 05:34 AM
Well, isn't that strange. How we suddenly fall in love with the most vomiting, sick and nightmarish army out there. They are rock solid. But they can be too few... And sometimes I really miss the long range firepower.

What about this one:
1x10 Plague Marines, incl champ/fist, 2x meltaguns (in Land Raider)
1x10 Plague Marines, incl champ/fist, 2x meltaguns, rhino, dozer blade
1x9 Plague Marines, incl champ/fist, 2x meltaguns, rhino
2x Vindicators
1x Land Raider, dozer blade

or this:
1x9 Plague Marines, incl champ/fist, 2x meltaguns (in Land Raider)
1x9 Plague Marines, incl champ/fist, 2x meltaguns (in Land Raider)
1x8 Plague Marines, incl champ/fist, 2x meltaguns, rhino, dozer blade
1x Vindicator
2x Land Raiders, dozer blade
Total: 1743 points

TheKingElessar
08-31-2009, 07:32 AM
Oblits in place of Vindis add longer range firepower.

mkerr
08-31-2009, 09:45 AM
For an upcoming tournament I have put together a couple of lists.

I don't think that Vindicators have a place in a tournament army, at least not in my neck of the woods (aka Melta-City). You'd be better off with Obliterators; they are a lot more versatile and can still deal with Terminators and heavy armor.

Of the lists you posted, I think the one with 2 Landraiders would do the best in a 1500pt game. However, I'd drop the third unit of plague marines and buy as many Summoned Lesser Daemons (and a pair of icons) as possible to help you manage objectives.

I'd drop the Dozer Blades (unless you are playing in a jungle, you can avoid dangerous terrain checks) and the Vindicator (you don't need them as much in a 1500pt game when you have Landraiders and Warptime princes).

You can afford around 30 SLDs and 2 icons for the points you'll save.

Load up the Landraiders, put the DPs behind them and drive straight into the heart of your opponent. Then drop Daemons off to deal with your objectives or to support your assault. That's a tough nut to crack at 1500pts.

-- mkerr

ebolus
09-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Load up the Landraiders, put the DPs behind them and drive straight into the heart of your opponent. Then drop Daemons off to deal with your objectives or to support your assault. That's a tough nut to crack at 1500pts.

Thanks for the idea! Tried a list with almost 30 lesser daemons some weeks ago. It worked really well. Must think about it. Hard.
Obliterators can be extremely efficient, but right now I don't have the models or the time to model, convert and paint them.

e

Fuegan17
09-02-2009, 12:18 AM
I think keeping the vindis but dropping some marines to add summoned daemons would be the way to go. This seems like a very in your face list and daemons and vindis are perfectly suited for that. also consider getting a greater daemon. even though he'll pop a champ he is the only thing my army(at 'ard boyz) wasn't able to steam roll in combat and I fought CSM three times in a row with everyone using greater daemons.