PDA

View Full Version : New to 40K 1500pt Salamanders

The Undying
08-30-2009, 05:08 PM
Hey guys I'm new to 40K but have been trying to get an army together for awhile now and have finally settled on marines (I didn't want to do it but they're cheap). So I've got an idea for a 1500pt force and I want your guys opinion.

HQ
Vulkan 190

Elites
TH/SS Terminators 200

TH/SS Terminators 200

TH/SS Terminators 200

Troops
Tactical Squad 90
Space Marines(5) 80
Flamer 0
Multi-Melta 0

Tactical Squad 90
Space Marines(5) 80
Flamer 0
Multi-Melta 0

Tactical Squad 90
Space Marines(5) 80
Flamer 0
Multi-Melta 0

Tactical Squad 90
Space Marines(5) 80
Flamer 0
Multi-Melta 0

Total:1470

I have 30 more points to spend so if you have any Ideas as to were they should go let me know.

Chumbalaya
08-30-2009, 05:17 PM
Walking your marines is going to end badly, those Termies are awesome but they'll never reach assault.

I'd pick up Rhinos for all your Tac Squads and a Land Raider to cart the Termies around. You may only have 1 squad, but they will actually see assault and smash face. 4 Tacticals are too much, 2-3 would work just fine.

Land Speeders, Predators, and Dreads would be great support units to help you bring down transports and whittle down problem units so your Terminators can smash them.

foostoofoo
08-31-2009, 10:00 AM
I must agree, 15 terminators with no transport and 40 marines also with no transport will get mushed quickly. I suggest dropping two of the termi squads and a tac squad to buy rhions and a land raider, transports are just as vital as firepower. In doing that you will also free up 300 points or so, may i suggest a dreadnought with multi-melta in drop pod and vindicator with extra armour, I think you will still have some poins after that too!

Timbo
08-31-2009, 11:47 PM
Yes, you have no mobility and your longest range shooting weapon is 24". I would not be surprised if you lost some games against mobile lists without killing a single model. Drop some dudes and get some transports!

phoenixace
06-28-2010, 03:08 PM
also why choose Vulkan as your HQ if your not going to be running any flamers or multi melta's? flamers and melta are a HUGE part of a vulkan list.