PDA

View Full Version : San Diego March 6-11

jbaidacoff
02-04-2011, 05:08 PM
I'm in San Diego March 6-11. Anything going on 40K-wise?

Dropship Pilot
02-12-2011, 11:42 PM
Hi! Well being from San Diego myself, I can tell you that the gaming group in the area is active. Your best bet for 40k are Fridays and Saturdays at Games Empire, and Sundays there for WFB. It is just north of downtown, and a bit of a drive so you'll need a car.

There are no major events off the top of my head, but check the store web page, they are always hosting tournaments and games. Enjoy the weather too.

Connjurus
02-13-2011, 01:12 AM
I believe that at Game Empire you have to pay to be part of the League? Unless the League is over until later on in the year.

They've got some great terrain there, and some great regulars. A couple of the staff can be a bit...eh, but overall, a fun place.

Dropship Pilot
02-28-2011, 08:05 AM
There is a league, they do have a $10.00? fee, but they only play on Wednesday nights. There are approximately 16 tables, a large collection of terrain on the walls (donated mostly from the leftovers of the Broadside Bash GT in February) but most of the days of the week and weekend you can walk in and get a game.

Then again, I only get up there now and again with work, but weekends that place is packed to the gill. Probably in my top 10 hobby stores I've visited in all my travels across the world, discounting GW stores because you don't really get to play much there, more of a lets-sell-you-stuff games vice real competitive games.

Best gaming option in San Diego if you are passing through.